Edit History

realBelloWaldi

realBelloWaldi

Can't understand why this thread was downvoted so much. Granted, I don't play on the servers anymore, but that was already a somewhat "controversial" rule when I was DL.

I've never been a fan of that rule since I actually think it's quite stupid. I had my best times in xG on Jailbreak, a server that is based on people using voice chat. Imagine if you were to strictly make sure only one person is talking on mic. That would ruin most of the fun, to be honest, since while the gamemode itself is pretty mediocre, the community part of it was fun. The interactions with 20+ people were what made it quite unique and of course it happens that people talk over each other.

I think this is more of a common sense thing (haha @Kypari ? ). If there's two people talking and they accidently interrupt each other, nobody needs a staff member saying "GUYS! ONLY ONE PERSON ON MIC!". If someone is talking to someone through voice chat and another person happens to join during that situation and is like "hey guys, what's up", there's no need to enforce that certain rule. Another scenario that is a bit more elaborate: If someone would tell the server a story of how we walked his dog and some other dog almost attacked him, and someone interrupts asking a question relevant to the topic, (i.e. "what breed was the dog that attacked you) on voice chat, then I don't think anyone needs to do anything about it.

If, however, someone is purposely disturbing a conversation to "troll/harass" someone, that's a different case where a staff member should take action.

That being said, I don't think you can make rules that cover every situation possible. There are several cases where that rule makes no sense at all, but there are also cases where it would make sense. Staff has to do some thinking sometimes.

Still kinda dumb to give @maf427, an active player on the servers last time I checked, so many bad ratings tbh. He made a very reasonable and constructive* thread imo, but at the end I'll just have to agree to disagree with these people.

* EDIT: Maybe not the way he worded it, but the point he's making.

realBelloWaldi

realBelloWaldi

Can't understand why this thread was downvoted so much. Granted, I don't play on the servers anymore, but that was already a somewhat "controversial" rule when I was DL.

I've never been a fan of that rule since I actually think it's quite stupid. I had my best times in xG on Jailbreak, a server that is based on people using voice chat. Imagine if you were to strictly make sure only one person is talking on mic. That would ruin most of the fun, to be honest, since while the gamemode itself is pretty mediocre, the community part of it was fun. The interactions with 20+ people were what made it quite unique and of course it happens that people talk over each other.

I think this is more of a common sense thing (haha @Kypari ? ). If there's two people talking and they accidently interrupt each other, nobody needs a staff member saying "GUYS! ONLY ONE PERSON ON MIC!". If someone is talking to someone through voice chat and another person happens to join during that situation and is like "hey guys, what's up", there's no need to enforce that certain rule. Another scenario that is a bit more elaborate: If someone would tell the server a story of how we walked his dog and some other dog almost attacked him, and someone interrupts asking a question relevant to the topic, (i.e. "what breed was the dog that attacked you) on voice chat, then I don't think anyone needs to do anything about it.

If, however, someone is purposely disturbing a conversation to "troll/harass" someone, that's a different case where a staff member should take action.

That being said, I don't think you can make rules that cover every situation possible. There are several cases where that rule makes no sense at all, but there are also cases where it would make sense. Staff has to do some thinking sometimes.

Still kinda dumb to give @maf427, an active player on the servers last time I checked, so many bad ratings tbh. He made a very reasonable and constructive thread imo, but at the end I'll just have to agree to disagree with these people.