Sign in to follow this  
Duplolas

Whats that up in the sky!?!?

So, I was thinking, because of the Minecraft server inevitably getting more popular, I think that we should have some sort of transportation system other than walking and running (boating sucks, too much seamen). I think we should have the airship mod and/or the airplane mod added to our server. It will allow faster transportation times between places and will probably lead to air battles (which would be awesome). I have considered that eventually we most likely will have a minecart track inbeetween major towns, but that will take some time and so I think this will be a good compromise for now.

It was on the old MC server and it didn't work out too well, we used to fly them around in skyworld, and just go underneath and farm diamond like a bawss then sell it.

Ok then :'( Lets start makin dat railroad den.

*Edit: Wait. Did you have the airship mod or the airplane mod? Because with the airplane mod you cant stop in mid air and honestly if we just disabled the airplanes with actual guns then whats the harm? When you crash into each other all it does is break. If airplanes hit people not in airplanes all theirs does is break and the player is unharmed. All we would have to have is a rule for people not to ram airplanes into each other and we would be ok. It would allow for faster transportation and more creativity on the server. There would be aircraft carriers and landing strips and so on. But if its still denied then could you please tell me why? I dont see why its bad. @@Arthman

how about a block that u can place down and u walk/run faster when ur on it but when u get off u go back to regular speed, that way u can make a sort of highway to other towns or in ur town

How about someone tell me the damn server IP I have been wondering for a year now..

I haven't seen you in forever stence :s but this is a new minecraft server btw. Was put up about a week ago

Cool MC servers have transit systems consisting of teleporters or high-speed redstone railways. Wouldn't bulding something that massive be so much cooler then just installing a mod? Isn't that the point of Minecraft?

This could work if there were actually places to go? There is just 1 chunk of pretty much flatland of spawn then the rest is WIld

The block speed idea can be done in vanilla Minecraft, just would need a nice bit of NoCheat configuration. Have a 2x1 slot with ice on the bottom, then sprint through the tunnel while jumping.