Sign in to follow this  
ryfly95

HLDJ "Off" Rule Change Suggestion

Hello, xG.

I am requesting a change to the rule regarding the number of "Offs" needed to turn a song off. I believe the current number of 2, is too low. Sometimes, the server has 40+ people in it. There is always at least 2 people in a group of 40 that don't like a particular song.

I believe the number of Offs required should be based on the population of the server. Such as 5 or 10% of the people saying off.

Let me know what you guys think

Onward To The Edge

-1. From what I find, people say "off" to HLDJ simply because they don't want to listen to music while they play, mostly because it can be distracting to them. I honestly have never seen a problem in this rule until, well to be honest, you started to HLDJ spam a lot. I'm starting to think a little that this is just coming from you getting frustrated with not being able to play all your favorite songs in-game.

Pretty much what diabeetus said. Even on a freeday when music is allowed I usually say off, especially if I'm rebelling. Hearing footsteps is a valuable tool.

I believe when you're told "Off" Several times you should keep hldj off until next map yes? just because people change music and still get told to turn off by about 3 to 4 people and they just than change song yet again... and again.. and than the repeat what they played earlier. Just because you were request by admin doesn't mean the population of the server would enjoy it, Admins are just other players too who plays on the server and watches over us for rule breakers. They're not gods who rule above anyone else!

Well, like rpgs said, people are throwing away money on hldj because of the stupid off rule. You do realize having the off rule means that people can troll and just say off to do it, it's the internet, we can't give any sort of power to them and trust that they won't abuse it. If people just don't want to listen to music, then don't listen to it. The off rule is basically a way to say to people who donate money to our clan that "Thanks for the money, now you can't use what you just bought on our servers, Have fun!"

There really is no reason for having the rule standing as it is, it is way to low and doesn't allow anyone to use HLDJ. With that being said..

It should require 4 off's from non members, 2 from xG members or 1 mod/admin off. You all should seriously consider thinking about changing it, and don't say no just because he spams it like hell. All the current rule does is cause arguments and bickering.

AND

We need to create a stricter guideline for HLDJ. It needs to be changed to say that if you are asked by a mod or admin to stop HLDJ spamming (playing 2 second clips every 10 seconds or so) that you cannot play it any more, unless you are given specific permission. If they continue, mute, then kick, then ban. This is not clearly stated in the motd, and the spamming is getting pretty damn annoying.

We seriously need to revise these rules to make HLDJ a fun tool, yet one that doesn't get annoying.

Sorry I'm a little random today... Another thing we need to add is that if a song is played by a player, then voted as off, another player cannot play the same song.