Sign in to follow this  
ryfly95

HLDJ "Off" Rule Change Suggestion

There really is no reason for having the rule standing as it is, it is way to low and doesn't allow anyone to use HLDJ. With that being said..

It should require 4 off's from non members, 2 from xG members or 1 mod/admin off. You all should seriously consider thinking about changing it, and don't say no just because he spams it like hell. All the current rule does is cause arguments and bickering.

So admins are going to have to keep tally marks on who has voted off now? Honestly, while I do kinda agree on an increase, it doesn't really make anything better. Usually when I see people saying "off", it's a fair amount of people, not just always that 2-off requirement, showing that a good amount of the server wants the music off. Personally, I think that only xG-members should have the ability to purchase HLDJ at all.

Reason i don't use HLDJ:

1: People that spam OFF

2: I don't have anything good to play with it.

3: Because i don't know how to use it.

GG just make it more OFF's for non-members, atleast 3 or 4

And when you're told to stop playing music/clips by an admin or something, they should keep everything off for the rest of the round, or until permission is given back.

Honestly i agree (not even quoting anything, goml.) to the option "remove HLDJ from non-members", Because usually people never get accepted in xG for being: HLDJ spammers, disrespectful (but that's out of the topic)

-1 ??? Keep it at 2 xG members = off, 1 admin = off, Change it to 3-4 non-members = off, please. and keep it off when told!

Honestly, as others have already said, the majority of people who say "Off" are either A. Trolls or B. People who do better without distracting music.

The other group are just people who don't like your music. Keep in mind that this changes depending on the scenario. If you're the type who only has a couple or few songs, and are continuously playing them, chances are that people will be more inclined to say "Off".

You could raise the amount of votes required to have HLDJ 'disabled', but it would still end up with the same results, only eventually it'll get to the point where people are flooding chat and spamming "Off" instead of how it is now.

The only real reason to have HLDJ is to share your music with everyone else currently playing (or to play sound clips). With that in mind, you have to remember to keep your frequent use of HLDJ to a minimum of say, 2~3 times per map.

It's common sense that if you play the exact same song, and more people are wanting it off, that they do not enjoy it. Therefore meaning you should refrain from using HLDJ at all for that map or whatever.

-1 to have anything changed, as it won't solve anything.

All the current rule does is cause arguments and bickering.

No need to be so melodramatic.

Isn't it a little contradictory that you want to increase the number of "off"s required to stop a sound clip, yet you wish for mods to be able to hand down a "stop using HLDJ" command?

I think you and I both know that spamming hasn't been as bad as you're making it sound. I will admit that I've seen an increase in complaints about it since Onward started playing, however. If he or someone else gets really out of control, there's usually an admin on. If not, players can record demos.

In response to your comment on Diabeetus' post which says this...

The reason I suggested an increase is because I'm getting quite annoyed by HLDJ' date=' I say either increase or get rid of it.[/quote']

...this, too, also seems contradictory. I'm reading that as, "I'm getting annoyed by HLDJ. Either make it harder for people to make someone stop playing it, or remove HLDJ completely."

If you wanna HLDJ just go to another server that it would actually make sense to play music on. Jailbreak isn't really meant for people to use HLDJ with because of wardens giving orders and stuff.

No need to be so melodramatic.

Isn't it a little contradictory that you want to increase the number of "off"s required to stop a sound clip, yet you wish for mods to be able to hand down a "stop using HLDJ" command?

I think you and I both know that spamming hasn't been as bad as you're making it sound. I will admit that I've seen an increase in complaints about it since Onward started playing, however. If he or someone else gets really out of control, there's usually an admin on. If not, players can record demos.

In response to your comment on Diabeetus' post which says this...

...this, too, also seems contradictory. I'm reading that as, "I'm getting annoyed by HLDJ. Either make it harder for people to make someone stop playing it, or remove HLDJ completely."

I don't play all that much during the daytime, which I would assume has a lot less HLDJ spam, but I'm totally honest when I say that it is a serious problem in the evening/at night. There always seem to be people complaining (?, i guess not really arguments, but I assume you get what I'm going for) about the HLDJ spam, especially in regards to a handful of users. I've seen an admin do something regarding Onward once; because as the rule stands he is technically allowed to play clips of 2 seconds length or shorter on normal days (which gets abused).

I'm annoyed by the fact of the constant "off. OFF OFF" that goes on. If someone is going to use HLDJ I dont want to hear a 3 sec clip of a song because people are just trolling each other. It gets annoying, as I do believe many would agree. Raising it to 4 non-member's is not that big of a deal, it should be sufficient to get someone to turn their crap off, but it is enough to the point where there is a lot less on-off-on-off-on-off of HLDJ. I think mod/admin's can be mature about it, and it just makes it simpler for us to have a 1 off rule.

Im closing this for now. We have just created a new rule about HLDJ that should reduce the spam. Once we get the spamming problem fixed, we'll work on a solution to make HLDJ more fun and accepted.

~Falcon Ponched