Vexx

Poll To Add Spawn Protection To Pokemon Trade

Add spawn protection to Pokemon Trade?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Add spawn protection to Pokemon Trade?

• Yes
    • No

As requested by many people, this poll will decide whether we add a spawn protection plugin to Pokemon Trade. You will have one week to vote, only xG members may vote.

#ApprovedByBello

@Bello, @Vixen, @Parasect, @Kypari

Edit: People are under the impression that adding spawn protection will stop spawn camping, so let me re-assure you. Adding spawn protection will NOT stop spawn camping, it will only give each team a fair chance of being able to leave their spawn.

Edited by Goblins (see edit history)

I vote yes, TGH got this sort of thing and it has a huge variety of maps. Pokemon Trade's spawns are usually squares with only one or two exits, and often enough there's usually reports or requests for admins to come and see if a camp is unbreakable. Some of them last upwards of 20+ minutes from what I heard, and the only ones opposing it seem to be the people who usually stack one team in order to camp the other as far as I've seen.

I used to be a big camper on TGH, but I think that protection would help here, especially since the second someone walks out a door they die immediately, and the only real arguments I hear in favor of not adding it are "Well it's because they have no coordination/they should sit in spawn and charge an uber"

There's comparisons to TGH's Clocktown as well, but what people don't get is it's easier to charge in there; the spawn area is a lot bigger and people can charge in safety. In most Pokemon maps that aren't teleport spawns the spawn area is a small square box which one crit rocket can destroy everyone inside. People say if everyone just stayed inside and waited it'd be easy but how do you expect 8+ people that might not even know each other to all stay inside and not try to do their own thing? Yeah, they could read the chat, but let's be honest this isn't a competitive server, people are going to do whatever they feel like. Fifteen people could all try to charge an uber or such, but it only takes one person to open the door and get everyone insta gibbed by a random crit or explosives.

Also, there's people that think RTD is there for breaking camps; I'm pretty sure people shouldn't have to rely on chance to get out of something, and this can work in reverse too that someone can roll timebomb or toxic and then everyone is just stuck or screwed pretty much.

Anyways, that's my two cents, I'll leave it up to the votes.

Going to have to vote no. Most pokemon maps have spawns that have a thin (albeit, cramped) doorway, and spawncamps occurring on it shouldn't be too hard to break. Furthermore, spawncamping is a problem each team faces equal threat from, unlike, say, clocktown, it's equal opportunity. The only spawncamps I have encountered on ptc that were unbreakable were when teams were stacked to heck, and even then, spawn protection won't stop the stacked team from creaming the other.

My bigger worry is that giving spawn protection to both sides will just lead to snipers coming out of red spawn being invincible while still in the main sniper sight line. That would be annoying AF.

As much shit I'm gonna get from this man, I have to say at least give a lower time on the spawn protection since snipers being able to destroy since sniper alleys are right in front of goldenrod spawns.

On a further note, I'd rather not have the spawn protection BUT if we do it would be tolerable if it was a lowered time as what we have on TGH.

As much shit I'm gonna get from this man, I have to say at least give a lower time on the spawn protection since snipers being able to destroy since sniper alleys are right in front of goldenrod spawns.

On a further note, I'd rather not have the spawn protection BUT if we do it would be tolerable if it was a lowered time as what we have on TGH.

TGH currently has 5 seconds of spawn protection on all maps, with 7 seconds on Saturn Valley. Most likely Pokemon Trade will have 3-5 seconds of spawn protection, I'll talk to Bello about the specifics of how long if the vote goes through.

TGH currently has 5 seconds of spawn protection on all maps, with 7 seconds on Saturn Valley. Most likely Pokemon Trade will have 3-5 seconds of spawn protection, I'll talk to Bello about the specifics of how long if the vote goes through.

Just enough that snipers (I think red team on goldenrod) can't peak out of their spawns and pick off the guy at the other end of the map behind the fenced in area by the water. It's annoying to headshot a sniper who is in spawn protect and then they second shot kill you.

As much fudge I'm gonna get from this man, I have to say at least give a lower time on the spawn protection since snipers being able to destroy since sniper alleys are right in front of goldenrod spawns.

It's much better than having half of the server leave because they can't even leave spawn. I love spawncamping more than most people and I still think that this should be a thing for the sake of the server.

Just to clarify, I'm fine with some sort of amendment against spawn camping, but I really hate the length of invincibility people tend to get with spawn protection.

I hate it too but it's the only way to stop preventing people leaving the server because of spawncamping.

I would also suggest that moderators should be able to deem a spawncamp unbreakable but I feel like that could be abused.

Just to clarify, I'm fine with some sort of amendment against spawn camping, but I really hate the length of invincibility people tend to get with spawn protection.

Unfortunately there's a high chance we cannot do anything with spawn camping its self without a huge backlash from the community. Spawn camping has always kind of been a thing people in the xG community love. Spawn protection will keep the rules on spawn camping in place, while also making it more fair between the teams when it comes to spawn camping, as people won't die the second their spawn door is opened.

+1. It won't stop spawncamping at all (tgh proves this) and as for the argument that this gives an advantage to red team snipers in goldenrod, that may be true, but blu has an advantage now, and this is a very sniper friendly map, and if you have to be more creative than standing behind a fence and aiming down a corridor to snipe successfully, I say that's a good thing.

The protection won't last as long as five seconds sounds. For context, the blu spawn on clocktown was one of the main reasons we added it to tgh, and depending on how close you spawn to the door, if you hold w unimpeded the second you spawn, the protection only lasts until either the ledge at the end of the tunnel or barely after you hit the ground going over it. If you strafe and they miss one shot the protection should be up by the time they can fire again, you'll just have to get good. It should make the server more fun and fair for everyone

So, I guess here's what my standpoint is. +1 To having the spawn protection with a possibly decreased time limit. (Just to make sure snipers are getting too much of an advantage.)