Meaty

Where does your name come from?

Question

What event or whatever inspired the name you go by on the internet?

For me, I was playing on a TF2 community server and a bunch of people were messing around using the ham shank, starting a joke called "Meat Clan."  Eventually, I ended up getting in on the joke. We made a Discord server for the joke clan we just started and it died after about a month, unfortunately. My name started as "Meatman the Succulent" and eventually got shortened to just "Meaty."

P.S. Slay all vegetarians, all hail the meat

6 minutes ago, Pepper said:

My original name i created when I had to make a new gamertag on XboxLive. I wanted to make it Dr Pepper related because my friends and I joked about how much I drank. Eventually i settled on DrPepperPhreak and eventually shortened it to just Pepper. Now Jakel is just my first name with the first letter of my last name attached. 

we all know how much Jakel drinks.

Since meaty really wants to know I might as well:

When I was about 7 and had been living in Canada for about 2 years, I played a LOT of Club Penguin. But obviously, because of my age, my dad made me and brother's accounts for us. My last name isn't actually Picacho but it's something similair to it (which came from back when my dad was a kid and some dumb kid who now that I think about it probably had a speech impediment pronounced it like that). My dad had this other nickname which I'm not gonna mention and his username was (nickname)picacho. When my dad made my account for me he basically just used my name (Daniel, but everyone has always called me Danny since I can remember) then added picacho at the end, which gave me Dannypicacho. I've been using this username since then, with the exception of my clash of clans username being "FireDanny18" (since I know people are going to ask anyways, I was always obsessed with fire for some reason and 18 is I guess my lucky number because my birthday is March 18).

Now for my most recent username, Pistachio. I sometimes think about just changing my username to Pistachio but I don't think I ever will. Since a lot of people are illiterate, "picacho" was very commonly pronounced in awful ways (I'm not even talking about just pronouncing it weird, I'm talking about not even actually reading the username and saying some shit like "pichackio"). Because of this, people would commonly refer to me as things that sounded like Picacho. The most common ones were Pikachu, Pika-Jew (my grade 8 nickname, no I'm not jewish), Pickle, Pick-a-chode (I really like this one, because I thought of it myself and if somebody said it I could claim it was "unoriginal"), and of course... Pistachio. Pikachu and Pistachio were the most common ones but in xG, @Chrono would very commonly refer to me as Pistachio in 10mans and on server and because of it I got really used to it and a lot of people started calling me that too so I learned to respond to "Pistachio". 

So my steam name is now Pistachio (ironically, people still can't pronounce pistachio despite it being an actual word in the english dictionary). If people had just been slightly intelligent and called me "Danny" instead of trying to pronounce the full name when they know damn well they couldn't, then pistachio would've never become my alias.

45 minutes ago, Bonk said:

we all know how much Jakel drinks.

tell us where the snp part comes from!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also here you go meaty my old and longer answer was here 

Edited by Dannypicacho (see edit history)

Easily comes from a server on Minecraft when I saw some guy that has the word "easy" in it so I thought hmm maybe i can make something out of it so then i changed my name to EasilyWatchedMovie but then after a while i changed it to Easily to shorten it and that has been my name since then.

Lottamos - pretty much a variation on my dads email

Goldfish - I really loved the snack goldfish when I was a kid and I did club basketball so my parents let me eat what I want (about 2 cartons of goldfish a week) and my brother gave me the name idea CaptGoldfish. Eventually I decided the capt was stupid and took it out. 

I was gonna do a few alts but not yet. (Just in case)

19 minutes ago, Lottamos said:

Lottamos - pretty much a variation on my dads email

Goldfish - I really loved the snack goldfish when I was a kid and I did club basketball so my parents let me eat what I want (about 2 cartons of goldfish a week) and my brother gave me the name idea CaptGoldfish. Eventually I decided the capt was stupid and took it out. 

I was gonna do a few alts but not yet. (Just in case)

Alt's are pretty blatant and easy to tell kiddo, we literally get notified about them. ?

ChronoTrigger is a SNES RPG game that was really fun and hard as a kid playing. I liked it. I made my OG name on runescape ChronoTrigger81, my favorite number is 42 so idk where 81 came from. after that I played a lot of games where you played as a knight etc. and so I changed it to ChronosKnight(42) etc. on a lot of things, parentheses because if just the name was taken I added my number. eventually it got too long and boring to type out the knight part that I switched it to Nite, which was simpler and faster. still boring, and I never wanted a long steam name back in the day so for steam since no name restrictions (originally I was going to be just Chrono) which is a word meaning time the game had everything to do with time, and the main character's name was Crono I didn't like how it looked and since it sounds like a CH anyway when you pronounce it, I made my steam name that. and just chilled ever since. Everyone refers to me as that typically, I made my steam name Childish Memebeno because I went through a phase I got back into the great Gambino. 

Also old threads:

10 hours ago, Tekk said:

I was a huge fucking weeaboo when I made Tekage. Te means Hand, Kage means Shadow. 

I've been clean off anime for a few years now and I cringe at Tekage, hence why I'm now Tekk. Problem is, people will never refer to you as anything different than your original name ?

Tay kah gay

My nickname originated from my real name, "Ege" as my dad called me Egossi when i was a very small child, i dont really know why. But when it came down to picking my nickname online i just went with it, i also changed my nickname to "Christian Brutal Sniper" once when i was 13 because i loved those videos, only to change it back to egossi a month or two later and keep it that way to this day

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

For my old name 14grunt, I was quite a Halo fan back in the day. I was obsessed with Halo Custom Edition for a darn good while. I was 14 at the time when I wanted to finally create an online alias for myself and I quite adored the "grunts" from that game and thus the alias "14grunt" was born.

Around the Christmas of 2016 I had wanted a festive name and so I had always liked the stories of Krampus in the past and plus I had recently seen the movie so I decided to make it my username for the holidays but ended up never changing it since I liked it a lot and have had it since. Btw the movie Krampus is rubbish and I would not recommend watching it, I just didn't care at the time

I was trying to come up with an alias when I was in high school for what my artist name would be.

I remember the original idea being "color coded polar bear". Eventually shortened down to "Polarcoded" then again down to "Polah" because I used to talk to a girl from the UK and we'd always poke fun about the way she addressed my name. 

You boys know me as Julian because that was the name I used for the time and I just getting used too now. But before my multiple Trailer Park Boys marathons my gamer tag was Dynamo or korean for Bambus which is my characters name in the TV show I was in.

The name is Darrth because Darth is always taken so I put an extra character in there so I can use it. BTW, the double rs are still taken so now I've made it a thing to add two more letters to the word, one r and one t if the first one doesnt work ?