Hamsterman23456

It's Time For A New Gmod Server...

Morbus just isn't working out. 1. The server is always deserted with 1-5 people on weekends and the majority of afternoons. It's kinda a waste to have such a small gamemode have a whole Game Division forum dedicated to it, i'm not saying that you should scrap the Morbus server i'm just saying that it would be nice to have something like TTT, Murder or even mabye even DarkRP. Reply if you Agree :)

Morbus just isn't working out. 1. The server is always deserted with 1-5 people on weekends and the majority of afternoons.

@Hamsterman234568 Not true at all. I encourage you to actually look here [xG] XenoGamers.com | Morbus [garrysmod] Garry's Mod at our gametracker. Our Morbus server is currently doing great, and even better than all other Morbus servers. On Friday nights and weekends we usually have a full server/ high populated server in the evenings. Even on weekdays we get good population with around 10 to 15 people on simultaneously during the evenings. To say its deserted is false. You should play on it once in a while and see for yourself ;)

it would be nice to have something like TTT, Murder or even mabye even DarkRP.

I personally have no interest in other game modes other than Morbus right now. People want servers but they're not willing to help populate or moderate when the time comes. This is what killed TTT when we launched it previously, you can't just launch a server and have it sit dead, you need to have people from the clan actively playing on it for it to be successful.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Bring Back Darkrp Refer to this thread regarding possible additions to the GMOD Server as it has been discussed already. It's apparent that it would be more trouble than it's worth and I'm sure Stickz [along with his Staff] has dedicated a large amount of their time to ensure that the GMOD Division stays afloat with the Morbus Server. I can't speak for them of course, this is merely speculation.

Like DoctorGringo said, it's easy for anyone to suggest that a new Server be implemented, but it requires just as much time and dedication from Members who request it as well. Maybe if there was a collective gathering of Members who would like to see a TTT Server up and running again, then perhaps it may be considered by the GMOD Higher-Ups?

I don't know, I just feel like it could just be a potential waste of time and resources. Though this is all just personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Forest (see edit history)

If we got the TTT server back up I wouldn't mind populating it, or even moderating it(I can balance mod on Csgo with it).

The problem with a TTT server is whether or not it's worth setting up. I don't think the Gmod staff would want to work on it if they didn't think it would be a success.

And to compete with other servers, they would have to add a bunch of plugins, and extra T/Detective weapons and such, and then there MIGHT be a chance. I feel like we could get the current regulars of Morbus to hop on there too, as well as various xG members and such from other divisions, or randoms. But it could end up like our Dark RP server, popular for a month then people stop playing it.

@Hamsterman234568 Not true at all. I encourage you to actually look here [xG] XenoGamers.com | Morbus [garrysmod] Garry's Mod at our gametracker. Our Morbus server is currently doing great, and even better than all other Morbus servers. On Friday nights and weekends we usually have a full server/ high populated server in the evenings. Even on weekdays we get good population with around 10 to 15 people on simultaneously during the evenings. To say its deserted is false. You should play on it once in a while and see for yourself ;)

I personally have no interest in other game modes other than Morbus right now. People want servers but they're not willing to help populate or moderate when the time comes. This is what killed TTT when we launched it previously, you can't just launch a server and have it sit dead, you need to have people from the clan actively playing on it for it to be successful.

Me and Shadow are willing to help advertise and stuff

I will talk to @Stickz about it. Once we discuss it, find out exactly what we need to do, and decide if it's a good idea or not, I can post a thread regarding a reboot of TTT for those who are willing to participate.

Two things need to happen before TTT is launched. These are the only hold backs, the server has been ready for months.

1. A division manager responsible for handling moderators, ban protests, server rules, population etc.
  2. Anther clan hosting needs launched. The current clan hosting(s) cannot safely handle TTT as the load is too high.