Sign in to follow this  
Duplolas

Update For WarZ xG Division

So tomorrow they will be moving out of closed alpha and going into closed beta for WarZ. They will be adding Cars, Maps, Clans, Player Limit per server, and personal servers. And with this those who have had access to the Alpha get some special privileges!

Quote from WarZ:

We'll be lifting video/screenshots NDA on November 4th.

So you will be able to post videos on youtube and even more - you're welcome to run ads and monetize your videos.

But here's even better option - we offer to anyone to sign Referral Program deal that will work like this :

- You will sign simple one page agreement.

- You will be assigned unique referral URL.

- When somebody clicks this URL and buy game, you'll receive 20% or sale price.

- 10 days after end of each calendar month you'll be receiving statement how much money you've made

- 5 days after that if total accumulated amount is larger than $100 USD, we'll either wire or send you money via paypal.

Simple as that ! Basically this means that every sale can bring you on average $6-9. Right now we're running test of this program and it's already generated over $100,000 to participants in less than a month.

So basically ill be able to send out 20% off coupon codes that when used, I get somewhere between 6-9 bucks! But you have to a cumulative an amount of atleast $100 of the small cut of 6-9 bucks per sale before they send you the $100 and then all the money you get after that you get to keep! So instead of keeping it for myself, every xG member that buys WarZ though my link will have my cut of their pay go into xG to use for either a WarZ server (after the 6 month one I already have runs out) or just for general xG needs!

Also Ill be setting up the xG clan in game so we can start getting member though WarZ. I currently have a thread for all xG member to sign up, or for non-xg members to join!

Heres the link: http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?50685-Xeno-Gamers&highlight=xeno+gamers

Also if anyone would be willing to make a signature for people to have in their WarZ forum signature to show they are in xG would be great. If you could include a link that when you click on it, it goes to our WarZ forum thread for the clan that be amazing! All I have right now is our simple xG logo that doesnt look very good in the signature area...

I hope to see you all in the Zombie Wasteland soon!

@@silence @Link_ @@serbiansnaga @@Starbuck

Once im unbanned from my computer, ill be able to set up the clan. WarZ seems like shit to me right now but only because there is no system to meet up with anyone yet. Ill have the clan set up in game very very soon. That way we can start wrecking shit.

Another update on the WarZ Division (I think ill just keep all info in this thread).

The link for 20% off WarZ with 6-9 dollars of each purchase going towards xG will be put up sometime this week or early next week. So wait a little bit if you are planning on buying WarZ.

Heres the update on the server (That isnt all bad)

Hello all,

I've heard your pleas, and am here this afternoon to clear up some questions regarding server rentals.

Starting December 1st (12/1/12) we'll allow folks to rent both Gameworld servers and Stronghold servers. These servers can be public or private.

Gameworld Servers

Access to the entire Colorado map

Rental periods are one month at a time

Owners can rent servers with varied numbers of slots. 15, 30, 50, 70, 100

Owners can set a password/friendly fire option (for PvE servers)

Owners will have a variety of options like displaying name tags, a mandatory crosshair, and more (exact list TBD)

Pricing varies depending on features desired

Stronghold Servers

By the end of the year we hope to have between 6-8 smaller maps to choose from

Item collection on these maps will be more focused on sustainability.

Server owners can see all players spawn points, and the players around you. When targeted, nameplates are displayed (ONLY for server owner)

Strongholds can be rented for different intervals of time, which affects the price

Please post further questions in the comments and I'll do my best to get to them ASAP!

Thanks, and I'll see you in game!

EDIT: Yay for updates!

- Server owners can change passwords more than once

- Server owners can kick players from their servers. We're still discussing the ability to bestow admin rights to others, so they can kick as well.

- Technically players cannot pool time to pay for server rentals right now. We're working on an idea where clans can use GC to rent servers - so players could contribute to the clan's GC pool to rent server time. However, players cannot pool accrued time through preorders for server rental

- Whats the min/max cost of renting a server? Its still TBD, but it'll be competitive with Battlefield, etc

- Pricing will be based around number of slots and rent duration. Players won't be paying extra for features such as crosshairs, PvE, and what have you

- We'll provide server expiration notification way before the server expires.

Also, LOOT

- Private gameworld servers will have reduced rare loot drops as well as reduced military drops. The exact variance is still in discussion/balancing stages, so I cannot give you more info than that. We know itd be an issue (what's to stop people renting a server and farming it to death?) etc, so its definitely one of our major considerations.

So basically using the money from the link we will most likely buy a PvE server. If you have already played WarZ you know why. And we will have a Stronghold server for 6 months (pass-worded) as soon as they release it.

And as for creating the clan in game heres an update for that.

Social

Clans are in active development and will be done next week. These will add a clan tag to the users name, and members of a clan will be able to see clan mates in game by an icon over their heads.

Friends! Friends list, join game with friends, and seeing your friends in game is next in the queue after Clans.

TL;DR

December 1st we will have a PvE server and a Stronghold server for WarZ

Sometime this week or early next week we will have a clan in game.

What if..... the stacks you win from the link, that goes to xG, goes towards buying me the game so i make xG WarZ tags, sigs, lps, avatars w/e. <:I

Hey Feneq, stay updated with WarZ on our site. Once we can make the clan in game ill be adding the members who I already know are joining.

Also @@Loki, If you could make a Xeno Gamers Signature specifically for WarZ ill give you a guest pass. Im probably going to do a contest here soon for the guest pass.

Well some bad news peeps. WarZ is now being pushed back another godamn month for the clan and server update.

It's been a while since last time i've posted development update. And it's been super busy and crazy month for us. We've reached over 500K registered users, and they've been pretty active playing game

We also spend lots of recourses preparing to what we call "Foundation Release" - basically state of the game, where we're feel very comfortable about balancing, game features, etc and ready to do final wipe and make game "released".

Yet we wanted to highlight fact that Release doesn't mean that game development is done and finished. This is why we put word FOUNDATION next to RELEASE. With game being not a product but service to our customers, we're continue to add more features, fixing bugs, adding more content.

As base release, Foundation Release will include map with all areas unlocked and spawn points, loot, etc tweaked based on feedback we got over last month. We're adding features like a Clans, GC shop ( until now you weren't able to buy GC), adding tons of new small features requested by community.

After that late December or early 2013 we'll turn on Stronghold servers hosting and it will means that complaetely new metagameplay begins.

So - lots of exciting things will happen between next week and end of the year - stay tuned !

Its not really their fault. Some dick head hacked a mod account on their forum and literally fucked them back two weeks.