ColdEndeavour

Ecruteak, Since I Didn't Do It Right The First Time.

Ecruteak: Keep it or Ditch it?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Ecruteak: Keep it or Ditch it?

• Keep it, while giving it one more chance.
    • Ditch it, and send in an airstrike.
    • Ditch it, and give it to the GMod Division.

Alright, this is what I've got on my "to-do" list so far for Version 2:

Things I will improve, change, or add:

[] Add a studio/music room somewhere within the map to play multiple songs as seen in Goldenrod.

[✔] Elevate certain landscapes in key locations so players can't get 'stuck' // Mimic the boundaries like the original game, possibly.

-note- You can't get stuck in the area surrounding the Burned Tower, I'll admit it's a pain in the arse to get out, though. I may just make it to where you can't walk on top of trees/boulders, let alone, pass over them. I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ (Edit: All players will have the freedom of navigation around the map, it's just Engineers cannot build on top of the large trees, the perimeter of the map, or spawns).

[✔] Re-locate one spawn, or both of the spawns.

[✔] Re-work the Secret Area into something creative like a Team Rocket Hideout.

[✔] Compile the map in LDR instead of HDR, since it has burned the retinas of many. (I could adjust the HDR, but it takes up more space in the map file, anyway.)

[] Make access-points more obvious, or have a briefing-board in the spawns explaining the mechanics of the map.

[] I guess finally add the extra trade rooms in the upper-floor of the Pokemon Centre.

[✔] Possibly extend Route 37 a bit further into Route 36 by a little bit (possibly move a spawn out at that end).

-note- I'm not an expert with render distances, but I can attempt to use the fog entity to limit what is rendered after a certain distance, but it won't be as visually enticing. At this point, I have no choice but to go that route.

Things I will not be improving, changing, or adding:

[] Making Pokemon models - I see no point in this; therefor, is a waste of space in the capacity of the map file.

[] Changing the trees - Nightmare making the bloody things into something presentable.

[] Maple Syrup - @Kart , that kind of syrup is banned around these parts.

So far, most Pokemon Trade Centre regulars are expressing their abhorrence with this new map, while others seem to be appreciative of the refreshing Pokemon-themed experience. I've already made a minor mess over on TGH with that Bunker map and the door issues, and now I've gone and made a mess on PTC with this thing. @Nomulous has enough issues with the TF2 Division to deal with already; therefor, these inconveniences regarding design flaws and frequent updates shouldn't contribute to that.

Honesty is an important factor here, when posting a suggestion or answering the poll, please do bear that concept in mind.

Suggestion: Place radio room on second floor of pokecenter, with one in each trade room perhaps. I'll message you a couple song suggestions as well. c:

Edit: Also, maybe make one room a remix one and another an original?