Sign in to follow this  
Trente

Change of the admin handbook (Mass freekill)

The admin hanbook has apparently been changed. Now if a guy mass freekill and stays on the server, he gets perm TEAM banned:

Free-killers

The every now-and-then accident will only result in a slay. If a person comes on the server and free-kills a few, that is a team-bannable offence for 1440 minutes exactly. If the person performs a mass freekill and doesn't leave, that is a perm TEAM ban. Anyone who comes on to the server and freekills more then 2 and leaves right after, is also a perm ban.

I dont understand why this should be changed.

Everyone can make the mistake and "mass freekill". For example if a dude doesnt hear warden says face cells at a guncheck freeze, and then he kills 3 people facing cells. Would it be fair that he get permed ct banned? I would say no, and they guy will obviously find another Jailbreak server to play on. It's not all mass freekills which are purposely.

This will definitely make the population on the server to drop even more, and that is not what we need right now. The population on our Jailbreak server has never been lower than it is now.

I already disagree with the rule that says if a guy mass freekill and leave, he gets perm banned. IMO it should only be like a month ban, not perm. This is also one of the reason that the population is low.

Please vote +1 if you think the rule should be changed back to 1 week teamban, and -1 if you think perm teamban is fair.

If you agree about the perm server ban is unfair, please only comment on it, because this thread is only about the teamban.

It somehow needs to add in if the mass freekill was on purpose or not. It would be hard to tell if was on purpose or not. If it was on purpose it should be a perm team ban (ie. shooting into a stack of all the Ts). If it was an accident it should be a week (ie. misinterpreting orders).

I think perm bans are pointless except for major violators anyway.

Mass Freekill should be day CT ban or something for starters, then move up from there if it continues.

Mass freekill and flee shoudl be like a week server ban. If it was shorter there's no guarentee they'd actually know they even got banned - gotta give them a chance to try to come back and see they cant

You guys dont read the hand book, right? the PERM ban was only for those who DISCONECT. it was alway like that. teambans were for those who had the guts to stay

I agree with Themick. In some but not all cases you cant tell. Though most mass freekills are on purpose and can be easily identified. For example, if someone runs down the line of Ts shoot randomly for no reason that is a Perma. If they shoot into a stack of Ts for no reason that is a Perma. It all comes down to the REASON they give. If it is logical then a week ban is ok. In most cases where the do it on purpose the CT doesnt even apologize or give a reason why they did it. It is just up to the Mod/Admin to determine the punishment and consulting other Mods/Admins on the ruling should be used if you alone can not determine the punishment.

I just dont think its fair for people who is new to the game and doesnt know the rules fully, cant make a mistake without getting perm ct banned. This really kills the game for new players.

It says to read the !motd or be kicked when you join the game. Its their own fault for not reading the rules and then getting punished. I really think someone just needs to fix the screen that comes up when you type !motd. Most people dont realize that you have to scroll down to even see the option to read the motd. Maybe typing !motd should just bring up the rules rather than just having the trouble of trying find the link to it.

+1 trente,

(I don't think very many people really read your thread, a simple TLDR would of sufficed lol)

As McNeo said earlier I don't think violations such as a "mass freekill" should be a permanent ban. Especially if the person slays them selves, and has a proper reason for doing so.

Acceptable: "I wasn't able to hear wardens orders over noise in the back ground and I though they were rebelling"

un-Acceptable: "My hand slipped", "my brother did it", "my mother did it", "my friend dared me to"

An "acceptable" reason would lead to a one day CT ban.

Where as an un-Acceptable reason would lead to a Three day ban. (or more)

This of course would escalate with the severity of the situation, and if the person was a multiple offender.

-Slipery Fingers

If people play and don't read the rules first.. they are ruining the game for others... how is it unfair for them? That being said, a perm Ct ban is easily unbannable, most times a mass freekill isn't an accident, and the offchance they aren't leaving but just laughing or even confused about what happened, a perm CT ban is good. If they think they finally got the hang of the rules and think they can be a CT, they can talk to higher staff member or make a ban protest.

A mass freekill and leaving is a perm ban, i'm not making that a day server ban or week server ban whatever, no offense but that's just stupid. People like that don't deserve the privilege to play on our servers and that ruins it for everyone else.

ill go with what lovinnvm said. Depends on context.

People who are just new and fking on ct. give them the ct perm or a longer ban then a week, so they can have time to perheps learn JB first before being on ct. if they just goof go with a week or day however bad it was.

Should have a rule about knowing the basics in JB to be a CT. how many times we seen a FK because the CT thinks every freeze is afk freeze :(

Ill agree about not perming FKers who leave, id say just perm ct ban them as well. If they come back, they come back as a T and still help fill server which would be more useful then just having them go to other server cause they cant enter xg server.

And perheps theyll learn about jb durning that time as a T. maybe )_)