Sign in to follow this  
Akio

Ordered new comp. Thoughts?

Just because it's from bestbuy?

Pretty much. You know when you order something straight from Dell or HP? Well, they don't want a bad rap, so they only sell the stuff that passed their tests with flying colors. While the computers they send through Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart, anything do pass their tests, they get low marks. Why do they do this? So when shit breaks you bitch to Best Buy, not them. The one year warranty is a testament to that - most manufacturers include a 3 year warranty if you order from them, while if you buy your parts individually you can get a 5 year warranty, sometimes lifetime warranty on some parts.

Not to mention, you paid way too much.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice rig. But you could have built a more powerful machine with better quality parts for cheaper (or had it built if you're not a hardware person and can't do it yourself).

Uh @@McNeo, while we are on the topic of shitty deals - I have finally convinced my dad to help chip in a little money to purchase a new computer. But, he refuses to let me build one with his money so I at least tried to get something worth while on black friday. We ended up getting this : [PLAIN]iBUYPOWER Desktop PC Gamer Extreme NE625FX AMD FX-Series FX-6100 (3.3 GHz) 8 GB DDR3 2TB HDD+120GB SSD HDD Windows 8 - Newegg.com[/PLAIN]

keep in mind there was about a 25% discount on it when we got it.

Thoughts? :l

lol @@Gawd that's almost the same thing @@Akio got. Except yours is more powerful and cheaper - supporting my opinion on Best Buy lol. They're both good systems.

My New Rig

*BASE_PRICE: [+1229]

BLUETOOTH: None

CAS: Thermaltake Level 10GTS Mid Tower Gaming Case w/ EasySwap HDD bays, 2x Front USB 3.0 Ports, & Headset Holder [-26] (Black Color [+0])

CASUPGRADE: None

CD: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive [+41] (BLACK COLOR)

CD2: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [+20] (BLACK COLOR)

COOLANT: Standard Coolant

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN: Default case fans

ENGRAVING: None

FA_HDD: None

FAN: CyberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 240MM w/ Dual Fan(CPU & GPU Liquid Cool Capable, Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Slient at 18dBA) [+63]

FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

FREEBIE_MB: None

FREEBIE_VC: None

FREEBIE_VC2: None

GLASSES: None

HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

HDD2: None

IEEE_CARD: None

IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard

MB_SRT: None

MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory [+66] (Corsair Vengeance [Free upgrade from 1600MHz Major Brand])

MONITOR: None

MONITOR2: None

MONITOR3: None

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu MVP, TUF Thermal Armor, 7.1 HD Audio, Intel GbLAN, Display Port, 3x PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2) & 3x PCIe x1 (All Venom OC Certified) [+184]

MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

NOISEREDUCE1: Power Supply Gasket [+5]

NOISEREDUCE2: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Thermaltake Smart Series SP-850M 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply [+86]

RUSH: No Rush Service, Estimate Ship date by 12/10/2012

SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS: None

TABLET: None

TEMP: Aerocool Touch 2000 Dual Bay Touch Screen Fan Control [+39]

TUNING: None

TVRC: None

USB: None

USBFLASH: None

USBHD: None

USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [-44] (EVGA Superclocked)

VIDEO2: None

VIDEO3: None

WNC: None

_PRICE: (+1691)

_view_: {B3A1F099-B342-4E3D-8D54-83CE9E44BE17}

_load_: 11/26/2012 12:03:21 AM

Total 1600 im to busy with work so spend the extra 300 let them build it what do you think.

im to busy with work so spend the extra 300 let them build it

You spent 300$ for an hour of easy work.

How much are you getting paid an hour? 300$? If not then you weren't too busy to build it yourself imo.

I make good money and i am lazy.

Just because you "make good money" doesn't mean you should take $300-400 and flush it down the toilet. I make good money too and I still buy generic brand groceries lol. It's called saving for a rainy day, buying a house, and buying a car, lol.

LOL.

I got my computer on the Christmas sale, which was originally around 1.1k but got it for around 650ish. Then I bought monitor headset etc ( basically a lot of other things ) for around 1k.

Should've waited and gotten a discount, especially since I have better specs >.<. You got ripped off so I'm with mcneo on this.

I already have a house 3 cars and a business so its OK to waste money sometimes when you work your ass off that's my opinion i donate to the XG server i play on once a month and give to some charity's i am an old man so things look different too me.

@@Akio

I would return the computer if I was you. Seriously. If you want you want a computer thats better than the one you just bought, but cheaper, get someone to build the computer for you, or do some research into building your own. I currently am building my own and will be getting my last component (a 8 core new vishera amd processor). Ill be running skyrim on ultra with 20+ mods and I only paid at most 600 dollars! And theres no doubt in my mind that my computer will have better specs than yours.

I think anyone in xG would be willing to build you a computer. I would even. My robotics teacher is a good friend of mine and I use his classroom all the time to make adjustments to my computer and fix some others for my friends. I could build you one that is a lot better than the one you bought for around 700-800 bucks and then an addition say 50 for me to build it for you. Thats atleast 150 dollars in savings man!