Sign in to follow this  
PapiChulo

Beacons on Jailbreak

I believe there should be beacons on jailbreak, either automatically enforced at a certain time or given to admins and up.

If it has been a Plug-in called freeday and it has passed 1:00 on the time clock, I think the camping CTs should become automatically beaconed by a plug-in if possible. Its annoying to watch CTs camp the same spot until they are found during a freeday.

Another easy way to solve this is by giving only admins and up the power to beacon players and it is only to be used during freedays, on the remaining camping CTs. Once the freeday has prolonged a certain amount of time (we can eventually come up with it) the admins can beacon the remaining CTs to make it easier.

Food for thought.

If admins had the ability to beacon players it would be halpful. Not just for freedays, lr, etc. But just a general @beacon that could be used as needed.

+1 i believe that giving admins the ability to make beacons sounds like a good idea to me because alot of the times rounds will go on a lot longer than they have to because one or two cts decides to camp.

I agree with this 100%. Discourages inactive CTs who just hide during freedays hoping to get Last CT and go up in the ranks as they slaughter dem Ts. +1 to have this done

Often times, there are more Ts than CTs on a freeday/warday. Therefore, beaconing all players would, overall, provide another advantage to the Ts.

I understand the issue behind camping, but I don't think this is the way to go about solving it.

How about a little twist on this...

Remember the "tracers" we had for a short time during last CT that would show the CT where all the T's are?

Could we somehow implement something like that that would "trace" all players to all players, in red or blue color respectively. And of course players would only see their own web of traces. Unlike last CT this wouldn't be a continuous thing, just show for 1-2 seconds then off. Since it's shown to everyone it would prevent favoritism, abuse, etc.

Just a thought. Not even sure if it can be done.

I think it's a really good idea but could be abused pretty easily. The admin+ idea kind of solves that but I can think of a few admins that I wouldn't put past to abuse this...

I'm not sure if you want a laser pointing to the person beaconed, but I remember we had this plugin where it pointed to last ct and it caused many people to lag.

Often times, there are more Ts than CTs on a freeday/warday. Therefore, beaconing all players would, overall, provide another advantage to the Ts.

I understand the issue behind camping, but I don't think this is the way to go about solving it.

How does camping one area for 5 minutes equal the advantages and disadvantages. It just prolongs the round for such a long time for no reason. The only reason they camp is to last longer than the other remaining CTs so they themselves can get last CT. This wouldn't be used during a Warday even though it really wouldn't matter since Ts already know the given area where CTs are. But that's not the point. This would just be to reduce the players who try to wait out their CT teammates for last CT. Every freeday turns into a hide and seek day with the CTs hiding in corners. Its frustrating for the majority of the players on the server who are dead.

How would you solve this problem then?

Honestly, I only see one of two ways to deal with it. The first is to have what was discussed implemented (beacons or tracers), OR get rid of the ability to camp a spot.

In a sense, it's like a T camping for Last Request. Only with this, the CT is rewarded with Last CT. Yet, Ts are Restricted from camping for Last Request. Like I said, just have the beacons/tracers done up, or perhaps implement a rule that does not allow CTs to camp at all during a Freeday.

How would you solve this problem then?

Perhaps a rule should be added where the CTs should still be near/with Ts on freedays at all times. Or maybe add an objective to Freedays for both teams such as:

"CTs must ensure that Ts do not rebel."

And/or "Ts must be attempting to kill the CTs on a freeday."

I do realize that adding objectives to a freeday would detract from the point of having a freeday.

Personally, I don't think camping has gotten so bad to the point where the rules need to be amended.

-1 to adding any rules to freedays

+1 to beaconing camping cts past the 1:00 mark. This really wouldn't ruin the round for anyone seeing as they would have played most of it to begin with

Sign in to follow this