Sign in to follow this  
Hidingmaster

Help.. Please?

Well even so, ill end up having 1tb plus the 128gb drive, all for ~150 - 160 dollars. So in this case im getting more space for the same price. Had I not gotten the deal i did today ($30 off the ssd), then it may have been a little different.

for $6 cheaper than what you bought the SSD for you could have got a hybrid with 500gb of storage:

Seagate - 500GB Internal Serial ATA Hard Drive for Laptops - Multi

There are a lot of options with the sshd's, and some of them may come cheaper. For the most part it looks like the boot times are relatively the same too, just a few seconds different. If I find that I am spending more money in others areas than i originally planned, i may switch to an sshd.

There are a lot of options with the sshd's, and some of them may come cheaper. For the most part it looks like the boot times are relatively the same too, just a few seconds different. If I find that I am spending more money in others areas than i originally planned, i may switch to an sshd.

I mean it's your computer so do what you want but I am just trying to help.... it sucks when drives fill up and you might need more space than you think on the SSD... I use mine for games and programs like photoshop... and it's full...

I honestly think that the hybrid one would work for you just as well as the SSD, do some research on both of them and decide for yourself.

Solid State Hybrid Technology: HDD SSD SSHD | Seagate

Now I need a little help choosing the correct mobo:

I'm looking at an i5-3570k with an EVGA gtx 660 super clocked. I need sata support for the Samsung ssd, WD 1tb hdd. Is there anything wrong with the mobo I chose? As far as I can tell it should all go together fine...

I would probably recommend a 1tb drive either Seagate Barracuda 6Gbps 7200rpm or Western digital caviar black.

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.com $69.99 with free shipping

Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.com $94.99 and free shipping

And for the video card.... I recommend a 7870 maybe from sapphire SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 100354OC-2L 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com

Its on sale for $214.99 WITH free shipping and 3 free games.

If not maybe the nvidia GTX 660 would suit you. But I would urge the 7870 because its more powerful, and gets you more fps than a GTX 660. Unless you compared it to a GTX 660TI then it beats the 7870 a good bit on stock speeds.

So I completely did a 180 with this build, I decided to change up a lot of stuff:

Purchased:

AMD FX-8350 4Ghz ($194)

AMD Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 3Gb ($298)

WD Blue 1Tb HDD ($66)

Samsung SSD 128Gb ($89)

Corsair 300R Carbide Case ($87)

Changing the power supply out for a better one, and will be picking up the rest of the stuff within the next 2 weeks.

Well.. its being built as I type this.

Final Specs:

AMD FX-8350

AMD Gigabyte Radeon HD7950

WD Blue 1Tb HDD

Samsung SSD 128Gb

Corsair 750W PSU

4 120 mm case fans

Windows 8 (I know...)

Corsair Vengeance Red 8Gb ram

ASUS m5a99x evo r2.0 motherboard

LG Blu-Ray/DVD/CD writer