Sora_

Fixing New Clocktown's Sound Issues

With new clocktown (v1) being added and old clocktown (b2a) being removed, there have been many players with sound errors. This thread will serve to help fix issues as best as possible. You will have to fix it client side-- on your own.

The first step is to locate your tf file. This file should be located in:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf

The next step is to delete all the files under the search "sound.cache."

• Delete all sound.cache files.
  • cache.thumb.PNG.18b1c69155db79e6c9ef4dc2b9777633.PNG

Then, in TF2, restart your sound.

• Do snd_restart in console in game.

These steps should fix existing sound issues with the map. If these steps do not work, then...

• Repeat the steps a few times.
  • If this does not work, exit TF2 and repeat the steps.
  • If doing all of the above does not work, contact Vexx or myself as we have direct, open contact with the map devs.

Thank you.

If any of you people play on mac like me :unsure: :S, here's the file path:

>~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2

(Paste this into finder, after clicking [Go > Go To Folder] from the top bar)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

just a heads up for people playing on the map for a long time, it seems like the sound will break again a while after you fix it. when you go to the map, i suggest you open the path to the files and keep it open in the background.

I don't see why the map is on the rotation in the first place. If I'm new to xG I don't want to join a server and do a fix for something when I can just join a different server.

Map shouldn't be on the rotation until it's fixed permanently to be honest.

I don't see why the map is on the rotation in the first place. If I'm new to xG I don't want to join a server and do a fix for something when I can just join a different server.

Think of the map as testing a game in open beta.

You guys are trying to find bugs, hence why you guys are trying to solve the sound bug.

Think of the map as testing a game in open beta.

You guys are trying to find bugs, hence why you guys are trying to solve the sound bug.

Ok but from what I can tell, we removed the old clocktown and only have this version currently. Testing it is fine, but if we're replacing a stable map with a map full of sound bugs we should have both until the new version is stable and working, or as kypari said, not add it yet. (Basically how we treated the broken or ill working hyrule in the versions that didn't work as well)

If I misread and we still have both just ignore me.

And removing b2a makes me feel dirty inside and this is the first I've heard of it, so I'm not sure how to react to that, but that's another issue for another day.

Ok but from what I can tell, we removed the old clocktown and only have this version currently. Testing it is fine, but if we're replacing a stable map with a map full of sound bugs we should have both until the new version is stable and working, or as kypari said, not add it yet. (Basically how we treated the broken or ill working hyrule in the versions that didn't work as well)

If I misread and we still have both just ignore me.

And removing b2a makes me feel dirty inside and this is the first I've heard of it, so I'm not sure how to react to that, but that's another issue for another day.

The map creator for the new clocktown has explicitly told me multiple times that keeping b2a on the map list and also having this new version would create issues on peoples clients. I replaced it for the time being so that people didn't experience issues, but of course it is still happening. The map maker is working on a fix for all the sounds bugs so it will be fixed very soon.