Sign in to follow this  
supx

JB glitch (Weapons, people wrong place)

I have seen this happen numerous times to both myself and other people talking about it over teamchat. It doesn't happen that often, I would say it's semi-rare, but I see it happen once every couple days.

1) A weapon appears to be on someone's back when it isn't (i sometimes have to double check with another player to see if that weapon is indeed on their back, or if I end up tasing them, that weapon still appears on their back)

2) A person appears to be in their cell when they are in an entirely different place (when you shoot where they are supposed to be, you cannot damage them. Several other players say that person is somewhere else)

This problem isn't limited to me and my system, because I have heard it and witness it happen to other people.

Both these cases happen time to time, its just a glitch in the client once a new round begins, it stops but it gets people freekilled occasionally. and thats what the tazer is for, if you are unsure taze them, but before ask them so it not a freetaze

YYEEAHH i was beginning to wonder if i was the only one. Especially with the gun thing. The first time I apparently freekilled someone because of that glitch. After that first time I was slain and informed he didn't have a gun so i just thought i had some kind of graphical glitch. I've never seen this anywhere except jailbreak :s

Both these cases happen time to time, its just a glitch in the client once a new round begins, it stops but it gets people freekilled occasionally. and thats what the tazer is for, if you are unsure taze them, but before ask them so it not a freetaze

Do you know what causes it or how to prevent it before it happens?

All these "bugs" can be fixed by simply rejoining or reseting all the active ragdolls

Resetting ragdolls can be done (the simple way) by typing record name in console and after that type stop

I have no idea if this is sourcemod or the source engine itself, but I saw this "bug" on multiple servers, aswell non-jailbreak onces.