Nomulous

Too Many Mods?

Too many mods?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Too many mods?

Since @Insane doesn't want to write this post. I'm writing it on his behalf since he believes no one cares about his opinion. Thus, I would like an open discussion about does TF2 have too many mods current for the population of TF2 players we have?

Write your opinions and post, only rules are no calling out mods. Thank you

@MuffinMonster

Currently, I feel that we have a moderate amount of mods. I think we should put a cap on how many mods there can be. (Applying to all divs. Look at CS:S for instance.)

I agree with Minty (@Theneva), on that we remove any mods/paid mods who aren't active, and I agree with @Volt that we don't need anymore at the time being.

Also I think we shouldn't allow donations to allow people to get mod powers and should be earned instead overtime. We gained three mods via donations, thus increasing the number when promo/demos came out if you include those who were given earned powers. I also think that we should make it a requirement for someone to become mod (and to be a member as well) that they be active on both JB/trade (our two most populated server types) so we can ensure that they won't just stick around one server type.

Now that I got that out of the way, what we do need is a Div Manager, so we don't have to @Muffin every time someone gets 5 +1s or to deal with all the div's drama and stuff. By promoting one of our Admins to that spot, we now free up an admin spot, thus promoting one of our mods to admin, reducing the amount of mods we have and reducing the amount of stuff Muffin has to deal with.

Something I believe that should be put on the board for consideration is removing the privilege of donating for paid mod and admin altogether.

Goods:

-Donations

-Active staff (mostly. hue.)

-Help when needed

Bads:

-Possibly more abusive than Chris Brown. (<3 Rihanna)

-Crowded staff orgy

I might add more to this later, but my studies are calling. Deuces niggas. @mtown81

Something I believe that should be put on the board for consideration is removing the privilege of donating for paid mod and admin altogether.

Goods:

-Donations

-Active staff (mostly. hue.)

-Help when needed

Bads:

-Possibly more abusive than Chris Brown. (<3 Rihanna)

-Crowded staff orgy

I might add more to this later, but my studies are calling. Deuces niggas. @mtown81

Same thing is happening right now, we've gained more and more Jailbreak users/mods and none from our trading servers. As a result, it's becoming more oriented towards them, and we have more and more mods on JB than we do on Goldenrod or Trade Gaming.

You cannot pay for mod/admin anymore.

I still don't think we have enough. We can hardly get 1 mod on at a time on both jailbreak servers, but we are getting close to that limit.

I still don't think we have enough. We can hardly get 1 mod on at a time on both jailbreak servers, but we are getting close to that limit.

#WeneedaDM

I seriously think we should make it a rule that you need to be active on more than one server though.

We can get mods on both Jailbreak servers. But do they want to? no

and what happen to the saxton server everytime im on there are people who dont know the rules and are just fooling around + they keep asking me to fix shit for them.

Since @Insane doesn't want to write this post. I'm writing it on his behalf since he believes no one cares about his opinion. Thus, I would like an open discussion about does TF2 have too many mods current for the population of TF2 players we have?

Write your opinions and post, only rules are no calling out mods. Thank you

@MuffinMonster

In the few recent weeks I have been playing TF2 JB, I have seen a total of 3-4 mods/admins on the server (not including the time I saw Nom on there...)

If anything it needs MORE staff... #PromoteMatsi2014

We can get mods on both Jailbreak servers. But do they want to? no

and what happen to the saxton server everytime im on there are people who dont know the rules and are just fooling around + they keep asking me to fix steaming pantload for them.

There are usually 4-6 mods on the jailbreak servers combined, (not including admins/dl/dm). I've made it a goal to be active on JB. Also realize that we have things to do IRL, which means some of us can't get on to deal with any issues that come up.

Seems that the problem isn't that there are too many Moderators, but that they aren't allocating their time and dedication to all of the TF2 Servers (or at least those that have a fair number of players on at the time).

You could post a thread in which Moderators are notified (via mentions) and are reminded that they are in their position to moderate and regulate Servers, and not just those that they enjoy the most. Unfortunately this would (most likely) only be a temporary fix.

However, I agree that employing those who are active in those particular Servers would be far more beneficial as it wouldn't require a constant reminder. That would just require monitoring of those particular Servers to determine a regular who knows the rules well and would be reluctant to take a Staff position.

We need a cap on mods for the future I still say we have not hit that cap just yet.

We do need more, but not ATM. We need more staff between May to September when School is out and the servers get populated with people on their summer breaks