Giraffes

Animation Programs

for 3d Animation you can use SFM (source film maker) witch is free and is good if you want to use tf2 maps for backgrounds but getting custom models into it can be a bit of a pain but most of the tutorials of steam are pretty good for new users if you dont want you use sfm you can use MMD (MikuMikuDance) witch is also free and good for physics but it was made in japan so most of the tutorials are in Japaneses if you want to do 2d animation you can use adobe flash witch you need to pay for and it is very hard to use if you want a free 2d animation program there is Pencil 2D i have never used it but it look parity good its a lot like flash or you can use Synfig Studio with is the same as in i have not used it so i cant comment on it

Anyone know some good animation programs other than Blender.

Also could I get some information on the SFWs used when I see the TF2 animations?

I use Photoshop xD

I use Photoshop xD

i also use Photoshop for some thing i left it out of my post because the tool's need updated to make more usable for new users i think they where updated in cc but i have to tested it yet

Are you talking strictly 3D animations or both 2D and 3D? SFM is probably the best for 3D TF2 animations since it's fairly easy to use and there's a way you can basically do Pose by pose and it animates for you. I've used Blender a lot, but not for animating