Moosty

We Gotta Purge The Tgh Map List.

My vote is for Morbias, rainbow palace, Blood Gulch, Aperture, and SCP to be the ones that go. i'm not super passionate about the other 4

You guys come up with a definitive list of what you want gone and get it to Bello.

I'll leave it up to you all. Probably should have just done that from the get-go. =(

While I appreciate the time you have taken to respond to this entire thread and the effort you put into setting everything up, I would have to address that I may not be the right person to talk to about this.

I do not have the power to remove maps and I only hop on TGH once in a while, since I simply prefer Poketrade, VSH, Surf and Jailbreak. I know for fact @Goblins plays more on TGH than me, so he'd be someone with a somewhat more reasonable opinion. However, DMs cannot remove maps.

Suggested removals:

Frantic -- Why do we have this again? It's got some fun minigames but damn, arena grief still ruins the fun.

Inkopolis -- Far too cramped for a 32-person server. Axe it.

ClickClock -- Fun map, but it's always had lag issues. I hear Freezeezy does as well.

I haven't played on some of the newer maps yet so I can't account for all of them. My two cents.

A lot of people love Frantic, it came back because a lot of people really wanted it back. The arena is one small area and when things get bad usually one of the people with noclip will just toggle the barrels off.

I agree with all of the maps listed except for Blood Gulch, sure its large, no one likes it (Except me), and its never played, It's just too nostalgic to let go

All I want are the hallway maps gone, please god.

Two maps, only two, drive me to the point of insanity.

Frantic Factory is so fucking boring. It's literally just a bunch of extremely small, connected hallways. People either just camp the teleports, or abuse the boxing ring glitch. Furthermore, it takes hours to get our sorry asses out of that map. People are so damn reluctant to rtv out of there that it physically pains me. I'd be ok if people were like, "Yeah! Let's go box on frantic", and then after an hour or two, chose a different map to go to. But no, what happens is; The competent people, (people who know that !rtv is a command) get there, they box for five minutes, then they get bored of it, and they leave, emptying the server, and making the map even less fun than it already is.

Even if you find the Horseless Headless Horsemann and Monoculous fights fun, they're basically only accessible if you're on the red team, leading to bunch of people sitting in spectate, because they don't want to play on blue, as they'll likely be killed while attempting to make it to the boss room.

But this isn't even the worse of the two,

Cyberpunk is a literal hell. It's literally just a giant fucking hallway, with a bunch of small rooms, and tighter hallways attached to it. I have never seen a better map for explosive spam to thrive, as you have close to no wiggle room to strafe or dodge.

Another problem with this sorry shit-show of a map would be the spawns. Who the fuck created this map, and why did they think that having random spawns was a good idea? Oh yeah, I just love respawning halfway across the map from my designated spawn room, only to realize that I'd like to change loadouts or classes, and have to traverse the previously mentioned "hallway of infinite explosive spam" just to do it, or suicide over and over all while losing credits.

Oh but I'm not done yet, there's more to be told about this map's poor design. The fucking map creator had the gall to create two huge-ass fucking inaccessible sniper towers on either side of the narrow little hallway that most classes are forced to traverse. Yes, because the constant unavoidable explosive-spam wasn't enough, you now have to pray you don't get shot by a nest of snipers, impervious to all threats, (except for other snipers, niche sticky/jumper strategies, and random spawns) while not having any wiggle room in the tiny choke-point down below to even attempt dodging.

Still not done. In the tiny-ass hallway, there are a multitude of props with extremely poor clipping, often leading to players getting stuck and being unable to move at all.

Are my complaints finished yet? Nope! The music room is actual cancer. Any map with playable music is bad imo, as it often is just bad music (as is the case with PTC's "Enju

City" and "Megalovania"), or the music just tends to conflict with anything a player is listening to themselves. But Cyberpunk takes it a step further, by not forcing a song to finish before another one is played. I don't know, maybe people think that this map is fun because they just like hearing the word "Sentry" spammed over and over again, but quite frankly, it makes me want to get out the ol' noose.

There's also ways to place a teleporter on the bottom of the map. Touching the bottom of the map results in an instant death by the way. So yeah. There's always an engineer thinking he's the "next level top troller xd nislt" by doing that.

Some people have claimed that there's a world above the cramped hallway. That there's buildings to traverse over, above the shitty little choke point. I have not been able to confirm this, as every time I try to rocket jump up there, I inevitably slam my head into some anime sign or light-post that's been placed above the hallway with little to no thought.

And although I've already touched upon the problem of random spawns, I'd like to point out that spawn protection + not actually being in your spawn is basically just free godmode for a couple of seconds. Yeah, real "fun".

Finally, the map's eye-rape-y, seizure inducing, and in general, just looks bad, with it's constant smash of puke-green and plum-purple combination. Nobody knows what the fuck any of the "anime" constantly spammed around the map is either...

"Oh yeah, sweaty-water-bottle-girl? I remember watching that one!"

Please for the love of all this is good and holy, remove cyber. Remove it forever and never let it return.

I would be so down with getting rid of cyberpunk. And had I made the post Lan did I wouldn't have been so polite about it. I've hated the map since it's been here and I haven't even attempted to hide my dislike for the map. I think that besides abstract, which was bad for similar reasons, it's the most unpleasant map that has been in the rotation since I've played on N64tress/TGH. I would prefer it gone, as I think it makes the server worse, and while I'm sure some people have reasons for liking the map/wanting it to stay, and a few of those may even be halfway decent. I just don't care, I don't think a good enough reason exists to keep the map. And I would be happier if I never had to play it again