Jon_N64

Overwatch-er

So Overwatch is finally out and I have to say I do enjoy it. I don't get why people think it's the "TF2 Killer" or "TF2 Clone" when it really isn't. It's very fun playing with friends. I have played it on PS4 once, but I like it a lot more on PC, but that's just my opinion. Who do you guys like so far or want to get better with. The characters I enjoy the most are Pharah, Junkrat, Tracer and Mercy but there's other Heroes I do enjoy playing as well.

See you in Overwatch!

It's very different from tf2 when you actually play it. Of course it sounds similar in an earshot of you don't actually watch or experience gameplay. 2 people I was to get better at are mercy, junkrat and reaper.( it's probably hella fun with friends but my pc decided to update when I was going to play with Caleb and Ohstop)

Honestly, I can see why people think it's the tf2 killer. There are multiple classes that seem straight from tf2 in some way or another, however that being said it doesn't play that much like tf2. However, that doesn't mean its instantly gonna kill tf2, now maybe if it was f2p then MAYBE it would have a shot at it, but considering the amount of time tf2 has been around says something, and a brand new game won't be able to take it away quite that quickly. I've played my fair share of team tf2 and overwatch, and I quite frankly don't see tf2 going anywhere anytime soon even though overwatch is hella fun.

I like playing genji and hanzo mainly. They both fit my playstyle quite well, and well Reinhardt because charge+shield = demoknight.

People are misunderstanding the fact that Overwatch is more closely related to Battleborn just as TF2 is more closely related to say, Day of Defeat (off the top of my head). They're [TF2/Overwatch] similar, but they aren't the same. Plus, I mean, one is free.

One has multiple classes/characters to choose from, each with their own arsenal of weapons [playstyle] and generally involves the simple aim/point-click (TF2); while the other involves multiple classes that have their own set of abilities that involve a combination of utilizing the particular character's abilities while also catering to the conventional aim/point-click (Overwatch).

In essence, Overwatch is more closely associated to games like DotA or LoL in that there are four core abilities tied to each character combined with the added benefit of being a first-person shooter. TF2 on the other hand is like your conventional shooter, and while it has similarities in that it also has four slots, those slots aren't nearly as crucial to utilize as it is in say, Overwatch. Haven't played either enough to have an opinion, in fact much of what I said is solely based off of what I've heard/read so correct me if I'm wrong.

Haven't decided whether to take the plunge and buy Overwatch yet.

I've been loving overwatch. Played mostly mei during open beta weekend but I've stopped being "that" scrub. I'm really loving zarya, she's like a heavy with alt fire pipes and shields. D.va is flanky/danky/stanky and you can just show up out of nowhere and wreck shit. Basic I've all them tanks are my shit. I've even been having a ton of fun supporting. Zenyatta (pls buff) is fun, good mechanics, way too squishy (I got the Ra skin though so ayyyy). Lucio is great for me, As long as I keep my songs playing I can help while either lost/fucking off or if I actually want to try the way he controls the pace is great, and his heal is actually powerful. Mercy is a german battle medic blizzard you aint slick. Basically I'm all about the supports and the tanks. Plus anyone who has 1k hours+ in tf2 can be a sufficient pharah so I've had some good games with her.

Add me, touch me, queue with me Moosty#1894