CCDeVille

Scammers...

Hey everyone! I am in deep deep sh*t. on new years eve at around 10:30ish I had this guy add me and said he wanted to buy my Australium Professional killstreak Scattergun and my Unusual Thirst Blood effect Haunted Ghosts, for 250 dollars paypal... I checked his backpack.tf, his profile and everythi8ng seemed legit, but I don't know how they've done this but he's completely copied the actually persons profile somehow and that confused the shit outta me...anyway, he seemed legit and he made an offer for my items on steam and after chatting and chatting about how it works and if it is trustworthy.......I had to accept.... now I am actually completely poor, and mentally poor as well... I know asking for things is not the right thing to do but, I lost a 200 dollar backpack... and I'm asking the amazing community of xenogamers for help, just anything will help even one refined metal will go a long way. Thank you all for your time and happy new years!

Hey everyone! I am in deep deep sh*t. on new years eve at around 10:30ish I had this guy add me and said he wanted to buy my Australium Professional killstreak Scattergun and my Unusual Thirst Blood effect Haunted Ghosts, for 250 dollars paypal... I checked his backpack.tf, his profile and everythi8ng seemed legit, but I don't know how they've done this but he's completely copied the actually persons profile somehow and that confused the shit outta me...anyway, he seemed legit and he made an offer for my items on steam and after chatting and chatting about how it works and if it is trustworthy.......I had to accept.... now I am actually completely poor, and mentally poor as well... I know asking for things is not the right thing to do but, I lost a 200 dollar backpack... and I'm asking the amazing community of xenogamers for help, just anything will help even one refined metal will go a long way. Thank you all for your time and happy new years!

Did you report it? Did you check his rep? Please provide us with his information.

Never do PayPal man :(

This is silly. PayPal is risky but that doesn't mean you should never do it if you are experienced. Always get a middle man no matter what, an official one from steam rep. Or if the other party agrees, someone you know in xg (unlikely but it never hurts to ask.) If he doesn't agree to a middleman he is not worth your time.

Again please provide us with steam Id of the offender with his backpack and everything.

Edited by Vector (see edit history)

Did you report it? Did you check his rep? Please provide us with his information.

This is silly. PayPal is risky but that doesn't mean you should never do it if you are experienced. Always get a middle man no matter what, an official one from steam rep. Or if the other party agrees, someone you know in xg (unlikely but it never hurts to ask.) If he doesn't agree to a middleman he is not worth your time.

Again please provide us with steam Id of the offender with his backpack and everything.

thank you for offering to help, but i've contacted steam with a report and everything... its all good mate

thank you for offering to help, but i've contacted steam with a report and everything... its all good mate

Steam isn't going to do anything you must create a steam rep report which would essentially stop his trading all together. Please provide us with this information. This is to make sure he doesn't scam anyone else and punish him. Steam isn't the one who marks people but it's steam rep who does. We also want to gather information and evidence so said report can be valid. If you could also provide chat logs. That would be super.

Edit: I shouldn't say steam would do nothing, if there is a very large scam and you provide ample amount of proof against the offender then I believe there is a chance the offender can be trade banned but its chance is unlikely.

Edited by Vector (see edit history)

That's what I meant to say,:3

So uh, I'm a little confused by this.

History for #3015224911

History for #2857964444

Why did your items go to two different people if it was a paypal trade?

After looking at the two item histories, mostly at who the items directly to, I might be able to clear up confusion. The person who had taken the items either had a private inventory, or changed it to private after scamming the items, so that backpack.tf could not update the item histories through his backpack. Now as for the people who bought them, the guy with the $62,000 backpack is banned off Tf2outpost for trading with marked scammers so most likely he quickbuys off basically anyone. The bot is quickbuying scatterguns, and that's why it went to that bots inventory. What would really help out is if @CCDeVille could provide us his trade history and the scammers steam profile, if he still has it.

That asshole added me just now, straight up told him:

Your profile is level 50, and that backpack.tf profile you linked is level 101, your the asshole who scammed my friend; how do you sleep at night. Sick scumbag.

I don't get scammers at all, they disgust me.

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)