Skeletal

Goodbye For Now

The fact that you just got member and you're saying this just makes me very disappointed. I thought you improved but apparently not.

what? how does that make you feel like he hasnt improved? he is literally just defending his friend who is being publicly attacked by a guy that admitted that he is obsessed with tuna. you don't seem to realize what he's talking about. skeletal's edit was a pathetic attempt to get a reaction out of tuna and I'm happy tuna was mature enough to just ignore it and live his own life.

Edited by Bello (see edit history)

Okay, I totally agree with you, @LAN_Megalodon. But to clarify for everyone else, the first post I made was to make sure no one else posted it, then everything blew up from there. I tried to word it carefully, but many people didn't read my posts well enough I guess, no offense. It is my fault that this blew up into almost Forest sized messages, please no one further on my retort and go back to saying goodbye to your friend.

what? how does that make you feel like he hasnt improved? he is literally just defending his friend who is being publicly attacked by a guy that admitted that he is obsessed with tuna

Because apparently defending people is a crime ;)

But seriously, how the fuck do all these goodbye threads become flame wars? If someone is leaving, then have a little bit of respect, and maybe be a bit more mature (Skeletal as well. The comment about Tuna was completely unnecessary, if you didn't like him I'm sure most people knew..I mean for christ sake you were an Admin, not makin' a good impression for new people.) and keep it to the pms, no reason to literally reply 3-4 times to the thread "lets take this to the pms and keep it there", it just throws more in the fire imo. I give props to @Tatost for defending his friend however, I think he's improved, I hope he continues to improve as well, you can't call someone immature because they don't want to see their friend get hurt, that's ridiculous to even say it is. That's all,

Thanks.

what? how does that make you feel like he hasnt improved? he is literally just defending his friend who is being publicly attacked by a guy that admitted that he is obsessed with tuna. you don't seem to realize what he's talking about. skeletal's edit was a pathetic attempt to get a reaction out of tuna and I'm happy tuna was mature enough to just ignore it and live his own life.

I just find it funny that you higher ups had to wait for someone else to condemn an act before you guys say anything lmao. I mean considering people have had a problem and voiced their concerns for months while you guys haven't done shit about it. I don't have a problem with Tuna, and i hope he succeeds as an admin, and i'm not condoning what Skelly did but at the same time, i can understand the frustration of a few members and air their grievances. Also, saying someone's problem with another person as just some sort of obsession is incredibly childish in itself, if you felt that there has been animosity between two staff members, shouldn't you and the rest of the higher ups try to calm the situation down and have a sit down between the individuals? From what i'm hearing and from what i've talked to with the other higher ups, nothing gets done about these situations and this is why it's incredibly poorly handled.

Also, if you feel a flame war is going off then you have every right to close a thread. i have no idea why you guys would allow a thread like this to keep open but i guess that's your own decision.

Again, i hope Tuna proves everyone wrong and is a great admin but if it gets to the point that people are THIS upset about it then i feel it falls on the head of higher ups and not communicating and not calming down these situations. Good luck tuna.

Skelly has never been a problem before this situation (at least as far as i know) so it's clear that something is wrong. He was one of the most level headed admins and did his job fantasticly, again i'm not saying what he did was right nor am i saying i agree with his comments.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I just find it funny that you higher ups had to wait for someone else to condemn an act before you guys say anything lmao. I mean considering people have had a problem and voiced their concerns for months while you guys haven't done shit about it.

what do you mean? skeletal and tuna have a huge history and we've been trying to get them to at least ignore each other already. I tried to solve it but it obviously didint work. And I'm sorry, but I have in fact tried to do something about their conflict.

i can understand the frustration of a few members and air their grievances.

I do, to an extent, too. Kypari came to me and we've talked about it for quite a bit.

. Also, saying someone's problem with another person as just some sort of obsession is incredibly childish in itself, if you felt that there has been animosity between two staff members, shouldn't you and the rest of the higher ups try to calm the situation down and have a sit down between the individuals?

Is it possible that you don't know the full story? Like seriously im not trying to be disrespectful or anything.

agyazo.com_d2ce0c237f3705f678167a04df064cd7.thumb.png.a37a8d52e9a0aeaf8a8f56146a78b1e7.png

I made a conversation with the both of them and both constented not to keep their feud going. I'm not gonna show their responses since I don't wanna invade their privacies.

I talked to Skeletal privately. I'm not randomly accusing people of being obsessed, especially if it's public. But he said this to me:

>
16:38:24: [basechat.smx] "Skelly<9><[u:1:156829798]><>" triggered sm_chat (text i mean i'm leaving tf2 all together. i just wanna be spiteful one last time)
[...]
"[xG:DL] Basquiat<52><[u:1:89383258]><>" triggered sm_chat (text you seem a bit obsessed)
L 07/01/2017 - 16:40:46: [basechat.smx] "Skelly<9><[u:1:156829798]><>" triggered sm_chat (text I'm a little obsessed, but that could be me being sadistic)

From what i'm hearing and from what i've talked to with the other higher ups, nothing gets done about these situations and this is why it's incredibly poorly handled.

read above, what else do you want us [or me] to do?

@virr @Aegean close this thread if you wanna, but i feel like this had to be said

also inb4 theres 1000 typos lol

what do you mean? skeletal and tuna have a huge history and we've been trying to get them to at least ignore each other already. I tried to solve it but it obviously didint work. And I'm sorry, but I have in fact tried to do something about their conflict.

I'm sorry, a conversation on the forums isn't going to do it, if you use words and talk it out then yes, talking it out is a much better way in airing greviences, and don't stop until they have both come to an understanding.

Is it possible that you don't know the full story? Like seriously im not trying to be disrespectful or anything.

I'm going off my own observations and people airing grievances on both my discord and other discords. It's clear skelly isn't the only one upset about the situation.

read above, what else do you want us [or me] to do?

If they keep acting up after the suggestion i made then it's time to punish them especially if it breaks out onto servers or if it gets bad like this on forums where someone is attacking the other (in this case Skelly). Perhaps when you promoted him, you could have gave some reassurance that (again from what i have heard) that if tuna's attitude or whatever doesn't improve then they will reverse the decision or something worst. Again, i'm not giving my opinion on what kind of admin Tuna is because i don't see him but it's clear that people have had a problem with this for awhile.

Also that last post from skelly doesn't seem to be serious at all, you claimed he was obsessed and he just kind of played it off saying "lol yeah i'm obsessed ;)" idk that's what it seems like when i read it.

I'll stop cluttering this thread with my opinion on this situation so feel free to talk to me Bello because i've talked to other higher ups about it before.

I mean let me add some clarification. I belive Tuna does his job with some minor inactivity spikes mostly because of the fact he in high school. When i became admin, I was told i had act like a role model. I decided now that I'm leaving i would like to air some of my grievences. I mean I don't want Tuna demoted. I just don't think he can be a good role model, but I'd like him to prove me wrong and show me he can. it was unnecessary, i agree, but I felt like my last grievence as an admin. I just don't Tuna because of his personality and how he handles some things

I think we'll end the discussion there. This thread has spiraled way out of control and while everyone is entitled to their own opinion, some of the comments in this thread are super unnecessary and really uncalled for.

Hope to see you around sometime @Skeletal. Best of luck wherever life takes you.

Thread Closed~