Sign in to follow this  
pspprogramer

c and oc server mantnace and gate info

ok starting tuesday - sunday my access to minecraft and internet is gona be severly cut. im not in any kind of trubble im going on a trip to ride on an aircraft carier for a few days. i will be taking my time in the next few days before then to prep both of my servers for the extened week without me worrying too mutch about crashes while im away or at sea. for creative there should not be mutch probs over the week while im gone and for the hardcore aka oc ill be taking extra measures to makesure it stays up over my trip. also if i do get access to a computer i will do my best to try to check up on the servers and if nessarry restart them. for creative i will be disableing a few blocks for the time im away sence i will not be able to fight all the mobs players make. so there will be no snowblocks or pumpkins or eggs in creative for the next week only. i will renable them later after my trip. also for oc or hardcore i will be disabling just snowblocks so youre pumpkin frarms will still be usefull.

also about gates on hardcore.

i will not build them in any clamed or active area. if you see ppl having gates in an area they found a gate and built there! i am hiding more gates in to the map. if you find one write down the name off the sign so you can use other gates to get to it! gates i hide with bases will have idc's on them so the gates can be locked. all other hidden gates will not be lockable. and anyone can dial into them. anyone can dial out of a gate locked or not. if you dial while the iris is closed and go thru the gate the iris will automaticly close when the gate deactivates. also i will not build any gate past 2500 in any direction! if you are outside that rane you will not find any gates. if you find a new gate with an idc you will find the idc on a sign near by. best to write down the idc then destroy the sign it is on.

to use an idc to unlock an iris use /dial [gatename] [idc] ex: /dial gate12 pass2 (this gate doses not exsist in hardcore)

im refering to stargates that i use in both servers. there is now a creative mode on the main xg server. so im not sure what i should do with the creative i have. keep close or replace with dif game mode idk yet.

Ya sry to hear oc went down first day I left. I'm on road back home and I'll fix it ASAP my eta is around midnight. Im also planing on overhauling creative this week too. Plan for that is to clear all the current plugins and reinstall some and get new ones for every thing else. I am keeping star gates in c as the tele mod.

alright. oc is back online. and here is a lil more on my plans for the creative overhaul.

BEFORE YOU READ this is not final and i may change what i deside to do.

i am going to do my best to avoid white listing creative for the overhaul.

i will be saving the current map and it will still be avalable to all to view and for xg members and up to work in.

the over haul is aimed mostly at permissions and the administration system of creative.

i do plan on keeping the star gates but i also plan to make a new main map so gates in the xg only map may break. if this happens ill try to rebuild all of them.

also please post what the new creative map should be. try to pick from, All flat, huge flat area with reguler land borders, OR all normal map style. you may sugest youre own map idea.

also if no one plays on hardcore in the next day or so i will take down the hardcore map (back it up) and use the oc server to do the overhall then upgrade creative all at once then restore the hardcore mode and map.

also im on twitter more now and could use a few folowers. so if you wana know what i do when im not working for xenogamers or when im gona be avalble to be online or what im doing for xenogamers. Twitter