Gawd

Anonymous reporting

I made a thread a while ago Suggestion (Anonymous Player Reporting) which outlined the idea of making a system of anonymously reporting rule breakers etc. This as well as other factors led to the creation of the bad idea forum.

However, the only thing this forum is used for is for troll threads and other random postings. Many are also hate threads and things of that nature etc.

When I came up w/ the idea I noted the fact that these reports should be a highly regulated type of thing, not like it is today. Instead of allowing people to post random threads I was thinking something along the lines of:

1. Choosing Member Protest, Ban Request, Admin Abuse, Anonymous Suggestion, Other.
  2. Have a forum admin approve each submission. If a user posts a troll thread the forum admin, (although he will not know who posted it) can bar that specific user from posting other troll threads.

Like I said in my previous thread, this would allow users to be able to post their true feelings about people in an anonymous setting free of ridicule from other members. I think this was an especially good time to resuggest this as it coincides with the monthly cycle of complaining about disrespect/abusers.

Now I know people may say that you shouldn't be afraid to voice your opinion but let's be honest. A huge number of people don't reply to threads solely because they are afraid of harming friendships or facing ridicule. Thus, the true opinion of the community isn't heard.

Also, if possible, maybe a way for users to anonymously respond to ban requests/protests/member/admin abuse that are already up. They too would have to go through the approval process to prevent troll threads.

So, tl;dr :

• In order to actually give use to anonymous posting (bad idea) I suggest (as I did in my first thread) to actually regulate the process and prevent troll threads.
  • Anonymous replies to threads that are already up. ( would be regulated in the same way)

Tell me what you think!

@@Forest backed up this idea, tell me what you think and any additional things to add

@@Rhododendron

Have a forum admin approve each submission.

Some sort of notification that alerts the Division Managers (Or even Division Leader) for the respective Division and displays a "Preview" of the thread would be a great addition (if possible) before it is accepted. +1 for the implementation of this. We had the right idea with an Anonymous section, but the ability to post threads with no restrictions ended up destroying the whole concept and idea.

I posted this in the other thread, and verified it is correct.

About 5 minutes ago I posted in an anonymous thread.

1) go to my profile

2) go to posting

3) click "find all content" at the bottom

4) find the one with a ? As the pic, now you know my "anonymous" name

5) Anonymous isn't anonymous at all

Can we just keep spamming silence so he fucking does this so we can go a day without seeing a damn disrespect thread?

+1

@@Rhododendron

@@Rhododendron

@@Rhododendron

+1 and leave it visible to Division Managers and up so we can still be able to see this and help later on.

The point of it being anonymous is specifically so that division managers etc. cannot see who is posting it. they can only see that somebody is posting it, that way say if @@Gawd wanted to report you because he was on while it was just you two, and you thought he was afk, he saw you abuse the shit out of people, he can report you without fear of you just closing it or playing it off as something

>break

On this note, I think that it should really use the hierarchy we have in place as well, so anyone could approve it. however as not approving it means it never shows up publicly, then as many of complaints being heard about CS:S specifically are about how they feel the current DMs are not deserving (no comment from me, just what I hear.) that perhaps, any higher ranking staff member can over-turn their denial?

Say @@Gkoo was a jew, and used his map to troll. he takes them to a corner says there is something there a secret. it has nothing to do with the map. and he mows down a line, and then gets off [he is using a fake name, no other admin on] someone finds out it was him. he declines it.

But then division leaders and serbian get a notice saying how Gkoo declined an abuse report, so that we now know hey there was one, he declined it, and we can go read over it and over-rule him if necessary (in cases where a division manager etc. are being reported)

I think it should only be visible to Co Leader+, since if its something that serious , then they would most likely be the final verdict anyways.

Also, i don't think they should have a seperate section, there should be a option to make the post anonymous (In any section, on any thread)

I think it should only be visible to Co Leader+, since if its something that serious , then they would most likely be the final verdict anyways.

Also, i don't think they should have a seperate section, there should be a option to make the post anonymous (In any section, on any thread)

What I originally intended was having the thread be approved by one or more DM's + and then the thread/post goes into the respective place.

I agree, there should be an option to make it anonymous in any section if possible but have it approved by Div's. I think it would also be better if the amount of people who are given the opportunity to approve/deny is increased to prevent incidents of people declining their own abuse thread etc.

So, 1 DM could accept/deny it but a notification, as @@Chrono said earlier, could appear to all the other DM/DL/Co so that they know the post was rightfully accepted/denied.