ArminArmout

I Got Scammed Out Of My Hat

Well, it seems to me that the current owner of the hat has finally blocked me on Outpost. I have no way to alert his potential buyers that the hat he is trying to sell is a scammed hat.

I spoke with polar, an administration on backpack.tf, and he advised that we should pursue a ban against the user who scammed Armin out of the hat. Armin, do you have any sort of evidence against the person who scammed you that we can use in a SteamRep report?

The current owner is not at fault in any way. He is breaking no rules. Sure, it's a super shitty thing to do, selling a scammed hat, but it isn't a bannable offense, so there is nothing we can do in that aspect.

It seems to me this entire ordeal is over. Last thing that can be done is the SteamRep report about the scammer.

I say keep annoying the guy who's selling the hat. He won't give it back, but most people don't want to touch a scammed hat so we can probably keep him from selling it. Justice and whatnot.

Edit: Also, I would report the guy trying to sell the scammed hat on steamrep. He's being a dick and steamrep does not approve of people dealing in scammed goods at all, and given that this is clearly a scammed hat, the guy just might get a caution tag.

Complete and utter bullshit, lmao. "He's not marked."

>Caution

>18 banned friends

>obviously a scammer network

Tips to help everyone:

1. Turn on steam guard email confirmation so valve can get your items back in case this happens again
  2. ALWAYS CHECK STEAMREP AND USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN TRADING ITEMS OF HIGH VALUE
  3. Never use a friend as a middleman, get a steamrep middleman to hold the items in "escrow".
  4. If it sounds too good to be true, back out.

Complete and utter bullfudge, lmao. "He's not marked."

>Caution

>18 banned friends

>obviously a scammer network

Tips to help everyone:

1. Turn on steam guard email confirmation so valve can get your items back in case this happens again
  2. ALWAYS CHECK STEAMREP AND USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN TRADING ITEMS OF HIGH VALUE
  3. Never use a friend as a middleman, get a steamrep middleman to hold the items in "escrow".
  4. If it sounds too good to be true, back out.

And read the top of steam trade windows....

Back when this scam was first starting to be used, (around 2 years ago) i got scammed by it, because i was fucking stupid and new to trading. its not a new method, and steam has recently implemented many warnings and ways to prevent it. Armin, no offense, but steam basically gave you and your friends training wheels, and you fell off the fucking bike

ah yes I almost got tricked with the same method... i told him i had a trusted friend named speedy g (im sure most of you guys know him) luckily I saw that his "friend" switched his name to speedy g and copied speedys picture before I traded him

well. there was this extremely elaborate trade scam which i was suspicious about from the start. This person Steam Community :: COOLIO offered 350 keys on my hat, told me to trade it to one of my trusted friends (Jamio Jadeux) Steam Community :: Jamio Jadeux ( Don't blame them for it) to check if it was duped or something? I really wanted the keys, holy frick. Then he told him to trade it back. A bot made the same account as my name Steam Community :: asdadadada and Jamio accidentally gave the haat with him. Now I just got scammed out of my favorite hat and I'm extremely worried.

Another person from jamios name tried to trade me and asked to give me all of my stranges, too, but I cant find them. This is fricking terrible.

Someone please help, oh my goddddddddd.

It was my neptunes nightmare+death at disco

Some dude attempted to do the trusted friend scam on me a few weeks ago, immediately reported him to steamrep. {he already had 2 other people report him for same thing XD}

But yeah, report them, and try to contact valve with proof, hopefully they will help you out.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Doesn't

Some dude attempted to do the trusted friend scam on me a few weeks ago, immediately reported him to steamrep. {he already had 2 other people report him for same thing XD}

But yeah, report them, and try to contact valve with proof, hopefully they will help you out.

do anything just block the accounts