Aegean

Game Division

In all honesty I think we could capitalize on a Call of Duty Black Ops multiplayer server. The game is still populated and servers can be full all day if you have the right maps. I know 24/7 nuketown servers stay populated all day. Have a rotation of game modes or just have straight up team deathmatch. There are many servers with big community surrounding them. You could probably do the same with world at war.

EDIT: You can have 64 player servers on call of duty world at war, with admin powers and all.

Edited by Dethman (see edit history)

in all honesty, we should consider working on our current divisions before we expand them anymore. (ironic coming from me, the least active staff member of all [personal/work reasons]) but before we go into making new one hit/one month divisions, we should make our current ones thrive. not to sound like "that old dude" but back in the day on CS:S alone, our JB server hit 64/64 every weekend (f/sat/sun) for the majority of the day no matter the time of year. yeah, during school activity dropped low, but you could still hop on css and see atleast 10 people at any point in the day. hell the whole "late night jailbreak" that is on CS:GO with "more lax rules, and different lastCT/LR options" is a thing because that's how it was back in CS:S late at night when myself, a few other staff members, and several regulars used to play with a few randoms who would join at that time (roughly between the hours of 11pm - 5am at which point some euro/east coasters would start playing and start out the "regular day"). (a lot of the randoms that joined from "late night jailbreak" went on to be very well respected members (tree, deathgod, to name a few) and we have some xG legends that were a part of that fun time (smoker is the first to pop into mind for old fags).

our TF2 servers used to be close to server cap, and TF2 JB didn't even exist at the time. it was things like trade, payload, death run, vsh. not just 1 server, but all of them.

You used to be able to hop on to CS:S or TF2 at any time in the day, sort by players, and you would see us right up there with HG on CS:S, and No Heroes and all the other majorly populated/funded TF2 communities.

IMO we should spend more time/effort focusing into actively populating our current server base, and learning to have fun with everyone and not be rule/ban whores on the servers so we get people who want to come back because they had fun while still maintaining a mostly civil place. We also should work on properly advertising our MC server with potentially paid ads on the MC voting sites and increasing the unique traits all our servers have over others (our own custom jailbreak plugin on CS:S that we could work on getting going better for TF2?)

in all honesty, we should consider working on our current divisions before we expand them anymore. (ironic coming from me, the least active staff member of all [personal/work reasons]) but before we go into making new one hit/one month divisions, we should make our current ones thrive. not to sound like "that old dude" but back in the day on CS:S alone, our JB server hit 64/64 every weekend (f/sat/sun) for the majority of the day no matter the time of year. yeah, during school activity dropped low, but you could still hop on css and see atleast 10 people at any point in the day. hell the whole "late night jailbreak" that is on CS:GO with "more lax rules, and different lastCT/LR options" is a thing because that's how it was back in CS:S late at night when myself, a few other staff members, and several regulars used to play with a few randoms who would join at that time (roughly between the hours of 11pm - 5am at which point some euro/east coasters would start playing and start out the "regular day"). (a lot of the randoms that joined from "late night jailbreak" went on to be very well respected members (tree, deathgod, to name a few) and we have some xG legends that were a part of that fun time (smoker is the first to pop into mind for old fags).

our TF2 servers used to be close to server cap, and TF2 JB didn't even exist at the time. it was things like trade, payload, death run, vsh. not just 1 server, but all of them.

You used to be able to hop on to CS:S or TF2 at any time in the day, sort by players, and you would see us right up there with HG on CS:S, and No Heroes and all the other majorly populated/funded TF2 communities.

IMO we should spend more time/effort focusing into actively populating our current server base, and learning to have fun with everyone and not be rule/ban whores on the servers so we get people who want to come back because they had fun while still maintaining a mostly civil place. We also should work on properly advertising our MC server with potentially paid ads on the MC voting sites and increasing the unique traits all our servers have over others (our own custom jailbreak plugin on CS:S that we could work on getting going better for TF2?)

Minecraft is dead and will more than likely stay dead unfortunately. The current trend is minigames and multi worlds (that typically have minigames and other things like factions). xG is far from that. IMO minecraft needs a lot of work.

Anyways, idk about tf2 but the csgo division is pretty dead, would need a huge revamp.

xG is also lacking on trends. For example the trending gamemode on csgo is TTT. I'm not saying xG should get a TTT server bease that world require a lot of work, but it's an example. A new division such as rust would be nice. As of right now rust is fluroishing as a game and constantly growing. xG should hop onto it now rather than later when there's already established names. Because xG is not really an established name anymore.

EDIT: Did not really go into advertising. Might work for csgo/tf2, minecraft might be a little too expensive. Also csgo has that hourly reward trade bot which is good incentive.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Why do you guys not read my posts? This happens everytime I start a thread lmao.

This will not take place right away, I just want to hear some opinions for the summer time after we work on repopulating some of our inactive divisions.

This was just clearly to get the community talking and see where their interests are at.

@CappyCappy was managing that from what I am aware of.

I paid for a month just as a trial period to see if there's enough attention, unfortunately without proper plugins it got griefed and had to be soft reset. I will consider terraria again in the future if another big update comes, but in the mean time I don't think I'll do terraria again without good reason.

002d30eaf7df652d7711f8030066ed9a.svg.gzip

Sorry supreme, buy Ill have to disagree with you on that one. From what Ive known, there are too many kids and fanboys that plays roblox. Wasn't a good experience when I played it.

How about PlanetSide 2? I know it's a fairly old game, but it's free, so pretty much anyone could join. We also wouldn't need to make any servers, since the game has their own.

I used to be in a PS2 clan years ago, and it's a much more fun experience when you've got a group of people hopping into a Galaxy to go blow stuff up than wandering a huge map trying to find fights.

The only issue I can see is getting everyone grouped in a single server, but that's pretty much how all our other servers work.

All we'd have to do is make an [xG] Outfit and just keep people interested in playing by making population type events to get a Platoon and Squads going and go blow stuff up.

+1! Since we're xenogamers, we must be vanu cuz vanu lasers and stuff. For those who doesnt know what Planetside 2 is, see my review here :Planetside 2

How about we bring back the Terraria server? It was a very fun event.

Either that or Overwatch. Or both.

That server was good fun. If we get a little bit more people playing, and different subservers, it might just work. +1

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I think we should do a GTA division or something. I once tried starting a crew in online, but there wasnt enough attention.

Revive XGMC plz Im bored af myself.

Sorry supreme, buy Ill have to disagree with you on that one. From what Ive known, there are too many kids and fanboys that plays roblox. Wasn't a good experience when I played it.

+1! Since we're xenogamers, we must be vanu cuz vanu lasers and stuff. For those who doesnt know what Planetside 2 is, see my review here :Planetside 2

That server was good fun. If we get a little bit more people playing, and different subservers, it might just work. +1

Being that you took my suggestion seriously, is hilarious.

Considering that overwatch is slowly going into a server browser there could be promise in that. I dont know how we would get past the region barriers though

all the custom servers are hosted internally on Blizzards servers, so we wouldn't need to host one. Also its currently only possible for a single player to create and set up a sever for server browser and no way to have one up 24/7.

Now I got a few games lying around in my library that have servers like Rust.

But I would like to see xG maybe make an attempt at populating a game I find is fun but is awfully underplayed called "The Ship".

Basically the core gamemode is every player gets given a random passenger on the ship and a random target to kill, to win you have to be the last surviving and kill your target without being caught by either guards or cctv, there are weapons all over to find and use and if you get caught you are sent to jail and have to break out again without being caught to continue searching for your target. On top of that you need to satisfy your needs such as eating, showering and even using the toilet lol.

Had so much fun playing with friends over a none dedicated server, nothing beats kicking down the toilet door and slaughtering your target with a crowbar while they are taking a poop :ROFLMAO:

Just something to consider since having a bunch of people playing at once would be total mayhem, in a good way.

wiki page about the game: The Ship (video game) - Wikipedia

all the custom servers are hosted internally on Blizzards servers, so we wouldn't need to host one. Also its currently only possible for a single player to create and set up a sever for server browser and no way to have one up 24/7.

Now I got a few games lying around in my library that have servers like Rust.

But I would like to see xG maybe make an attempt at populating a game I find is fun but is awfully underplayed called "The Ship".

Basically the core gamemode is every player gets given a random passenger on the ship and a random target to kill, to win you have to be the last surviving and kill your target without being caught by either guards or cctv, there are weapons all over to find and use and if you get caught you are sent to jail and have to break out again without being caught to continue searching for your target. On top of that you need to satisfy your needs such as eating, showering and even using the toilet lol.

Had so much fun playing with friends over a none dedicated server, nothing beats kicking down the toilet door and slaughtering your target with a crowbar while they are taking a poop :ROFLMAO:

Just something to consider since having a bunch of people playing at once would be total mayhem, in a good way.

wiki page about the game: The Ship (video game) - Wikipedia

From what I see from "The ship" It is like TTT Somewhat.

I understand this was made for new game division ideas but I'm still confused as to why we don't focus on gmod. It hasn't even been touched since December of last year (going off of latest forum post) and we obviously still need to work on our current divisions still instead of making new ones because it'll just create more problems to fix. Another thing is why do we even have the nuclear dawn division I'm pretty sure there aren't that many players playing on the game anyways so we might as well remove it.