Thorax_

Character Limit In Thread Title

I feel that it is becoming rather necessary to implement a character limit on the thread title.

For one, the long (very long) titles that appear in the Latest portion of the topic containers; it looks quite tacky and unprofessional out of all honesty... not only that but it is extremely annoying on mobile devices as it kind of breaks the page (as did the unnecessary long hashtags)

This is prime example

5aa4c460898b6_ScreenShot2017-01-13at5_41_25PM.png.e0f5386ad80f8e299bf596cd4bff3af6.png

sorry @CappyCappy Xd

And looking at the official length of the container:

5aa4c460baddc_ScreenShot2017-01-13at5_44_24PM.png.1ee22e3df4b9d58a9dd91c392e1b1125.png 94 Characters

That is extremely long and regardless of it being able to show it all or not; it would not fit in the standardized container size.

I feel that a maximum of about 50 Characters as it is what seems to be what properly fits in the container before overflowing5aa4c460dd6f1_ScreenShot2017-01-13at5_50_59PM.png.4d8f04e620835c109159340a2abd0eab.png

This is 46 Characters; and it shows perfectly fine. And if a title was to so happen extend past its limit, it should appear as what is above. with “ ... “ showing that there is more text.

@Rhododendron @Aegean

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I agree that any title was to extend past the limit that it should appear with “ ... “ showing there is more text, just so it doesn't break mobile.

Just a heads up, silence isn't updating the dark style yet, so you should be on v10 light theme just so you know anything broken is broken on the current version.

I agree that any title was to extend past the limit that it should appear with “ ... “ showing there is more text, just so it doesn't break mobile.

Just a heads up, silence isn't updating the dark style yet, so you should be on v10 light theme just so you know anything broken is broken on the current version.

Speaking of that, can we still have access to v9 at least... v10 on mobile isn’t 100% mobile friendly tbh. i.e. (Stuff off screen, can’t scroll too.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I think you can use the v9 on the mobile site if I'm not mistaken, I'm sure rhodo will fix all the mobile issues before pushing both versions to v10

I think you can use the v9 on the mobile site if I'm not mistaken, I'm sure rhodo will fix all the mobile issues before pushing both versions to v10

Yes, V9 is fine, its perfect (excluding the side menu).

However v10 on mobile is a different story

I just personally would like to see v9 either light or dark stay at least for mobile sake