Deodate

Towny vs Raid

Towny or Raiding?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Towny or Raiding?

• Towny
    • Raiding

Most defiantly getting a new minecraft server, but now to decide on the type.

We currently have two high demand types:

Towny: A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Raiding: A "factions" feel w/o the factions plugin. High PvP and griefing. No LWC, no systems.

Vanilla Minecraft with light rules.

First off I just wanted to say raiding is NOT faction. Raiding is faction without the actual faction plug-in. No chest protection -

A very good example of an amazing raiding server that I love is play.hcraid.com (their site is hcraid.com) and it's the most fun i've ever had on minecraft. They host events like defend the castle where you can get items. And the thing is it attracts donations like crazy: they have multiple levels of donor kits where you get items, spells etc. Thier most expensive one being around 200$ and theres a TON of people who got it.

It sounds similar to vanilla but you can do some much with it, player driven shops etc. The aspect of buying coordinates selling em scamming people raiding is just fun. If you want video of examples go to avengeuiwill's youtube channel for events that they have hosted and raids. (the map is actually resetting on their server right now so the serv's down for a day or two)

My vote is for raid. Towny gets boring after people make a town, nothing to do after. With raid you can get raided and raid and there's always some form of objective. It's great imo.

My vote is towny just because i really hate pvp and griefing in general...first of all my computer really sucks can barely run minecraft above 20 fps, and for some reason when fighting or doing something near lava it drops like crazy.If i really wanted to pvp i would go to a server for pvp only such as survival games...second griefing sucks! You work really hard to get all your stuff then get griefed and u just wasted around a couple days of your life for nothing.

Towny

I asked Microsoft if I could possibly contribute with the setup of the new mc server. He told me to ask you!

I can help with building and possibly help with the shop (prices etc), make ideas of rules for server, and can help get the word out of the new server when it goes live.