Peeble

Bring back dead chat.

Live people can no longer see dead people talking. This is due to a non-existant ghosting problem.

This change is only causing problems, from friends having problems communicating to mods not knowing there are issues happening.

There's also a problem with mic spam, you can't ask people to stop micspamming on freedays if you're dead.

Basically, this change solved nothing and has only caused more problems.

Bleed agreed that they should be using admin chat to communicate that they were freekilled, and to ask admins to request that music be stopped from hldj etc on freedays. the 'ghosting' problem that was non-existant would be when rebelling if you kill a CT, not always but on occassion, that CT would abuse dead chat and type in his team chat and tell the other CTs where the rebel is. as well as answering trivia questions and pries in surprise trivia.

Admin chat still broadcasts globally, living will see admin chat, and if an admin needs to communicate something to the living, they can private message or all chat it.

I don't agree that an ocasional issue where a CT would abuse dead chat is worth the pain and suffering (joke) that this has caused.

If there was a poll for this decision, I guarantee you there would be an overwhelming majority that vote to bring it back.

+1 Peeble as I like to talk with people while I am alive/dead and it makes the server more funny and social.

Although I agree with the @Admin chat to deal with freekillers, only thing is we don't do much to tell most people that the option is there, besides Bleed having it binded

Although I agree with the @Admin chat to deal with freekillers, only thing is we don't do much to tell most people that the option is there, besides Bleed having it binded

I unbinded that a long time ago because no one used it.

People constantly ghosted, whether it was how much health CTs/Ts had, where guns were, or how to do a secret it was constantly happening. Now with the new plugin its stopped. If you need something just use admin chat. (type @ in team chat with whatever you want to say, ex @ chrono smells bad)

dasdasdasdsa

I unbinded that a long time ago because no one used it.

People constantly ghosted, whether it was how much health CTs/Ts had, where guns were, or how to do a secret it was constantly happening. Now with the new plugin its stopped. If you need something just use admin chat. (type @ in team chat with whatever you want to say, ex @ chrono smells bad)

Maybe I just miss it but 99% of the time I've seen in-game ghosting (which is quite rare, maybe once a week) it's always been someone new to the server and it was immediately met with people in chat telling them to stop ghosting and telling mods about it. IMO policing ghosting has already been effective enough to not need this change.

Ghosting is annoying that's for sure. But, it will never be stopped. Ghosting can still happen during Steam Friends Chats & Teamspeak. I don't enter xG's TS server but you can't tell me you guys don't ghost on there. It's too obvious sometimes. :P

I left another clan because the community was so boring & hectic. Some people were better to talk to than others. They had the same plugin that xG just added. Something about how it was when we could type when dead was something I loved. It does make socializing better. Much more hilarious to react when dying from rebelling & hearing the CT who killed me response. I use my keyboard like 90% of the time when playing, but now, just gotta make it last when living.

Wasn't gagging/kicking people who ghosted effective enough? Unless the reason is finding anything that makes players stay online more?

Yeah... It shouldn't really be disabled, as you stated in your first post; there is rarely any ghosters that would reveal a specific location of a person. Obviously on teamspeak that's a different matter. Having said that, when playing a game such as the backpack game, it is evident that dead terrorists can on occasion reveal the colour of one's backpack which subsequently makes this change useful. However since we have more active moderators, like toob said; we can just gag the players who ghost.

I got freekilled by the warden because he thought I jumped when I didn't. Yet I could not tell him because he had killed me. It's very frustrating. The server population has already extremely diminished. Not from this problem but I don't think this helps that issue at all +1

I got freekilled by the warden because he thought I jumped when I didn't. Yet I could not tell him because he had killed me. It's very frustrating. The server population has already extremely diminished. Not from this problem but I don't think this helps that issue at all +1

Why didn't you tell an admin the situation through admin chat (@Freekiller etc. in teamchat)?