Peeble

Bring back dead chat.

You guys still have admin chat. If you really need to contact a person, type it in admin chat, as I have rarely ever seen a time when an admin was not on. It's a nice feature in Mini-games, but in jailbreak, where a new CT spoils the position of a rebelling T is just a much of reason to turn it off, than to allow it. It's more of a safe backup than anything. Plus, you can still talk to each other while you're dead, but alive players need to focus on the game at hand. You can weigh both sides pretty equally, but the major reason it was removed is because it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

Side Note : Zombie Server is gonna be up later today.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen someone tell someones location in CT chat while dead. The only real ghosting I've ever seen was during LCT or freedays when the rounds were taking a long time. In those cases, it was always quickly dealt with.

And as you said, "I have rarely ever seen a time when an admin was not on", so why is this needed? I know it was supposed to be there in the first place. I know it's been there on CS:S forever. I don't think that matters at all. This should be treated as a completely new addition to the server (because it is).

Pro:

Prevents ghosting. (which if you ask anybody who actively plays on the server, is not an issue)

Cons:

Makes life just a little bit harder for mods.

Hurts community aspects of the server (Be it simple discussion, joking around, or just helping out someone new. It's hard to explain to a new guy how LR works when you're dead.)

I believe the cons vastly outweigh the pro, especially when the community aspect should be one of the most important things right now.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen someone tell someones location in CT chat while dead. The only real ghosting I've ever seen was during LCT or freedays when the rounds were taking a long time. In those cases, it was always quickly dealt with.

And as you said, "I have rarely ever seen a time when an admin was not on", so why is this needed? I know it was supposed to be there in the first place. I know it's been there on CS:S forever. I don't think that matters at all. This should be treated as a completely new addition to the server (because it is).

Pro:

Prevents ghosting. (which if you ask anybody who actively plays on the server, is not an issue)

Cons:

Makes life just a little bit harder for mods.

Hurts community aspects of the server (Be it simple discussion, joking around, or just helping out someone new. It's hard to explain to a new guy how LR works when you're dead.)

I believe the cons vastly outweigh the pro, especially when the community aspect should be one of the most important things right now.

You make it sound like the community will fall apart if the can't talk to each other while they're dead. The admins can still use admin chat, so I hardly see it as a reason to keep it, as it'll get them used to using admin commands. If anything, that's a plus in itself. It wasn't supposed to be enabled in the first place.

Not getting re-added sorry.

You make it sound like the community will fall apart if the can't talk to each other while they're dead. The admins can still use admin chat, so I hardly see it as a reason to keep it, as it'll get them used to using admin commands. If anything, that's a plus in itself. It wasn't supposed to be enabled in the first place.

Not getting re-added sorry.

The community won't fall apart, but this sure makes it just a little bit harder to enjoy it.

But I'm really quite annoyed that changing this isn't even being considered. NOBODY who is active on the server likes this change (except dontbleed).

Go on teamspeak, ask if anyone wants it.

Go on the server, ask if anyone wants it.

Make a forum poll, ask if anyone wants it.

Why do the opinions of the people who actually play on the server not matter?

Why do the opinions of the people who actually play on the server not matter?

They matter, but not in this case.

To back the ghosting claim:

I was playing earlier today, and called out 5 different people through all chat that were attempting to ghost, all members, all (weekend) regulars.

If I were to keep a list of names of each person trying to ghost something that wasn't an AFK, and just put it all together, I could make a rather large list, assuming I add in everyone from the last week who have since stopped because they were told it didn't work whether it be public humiliation after their 20th attempt to ghost via raging in all caps to the CTs or Ts.

Bottom Line: Not coming back.

I play almost everyday, and before the time which deadchat was removed, ghosting was not a major problem. In fact, it added humorous moments when the ghost is smited on the round after. Disabling deadchat is quite a problem:

+ Doesn't appeal to new players: When they get killed/freekilled, they don't know how to use the @ system, thus lead to boredom and abandonment; And to be honest, I don't think it really works, for I have tried to contact mod/admin this way with no response.

+ Some people enjoy bitc*ing when they die, which is fun. Not anymore...

+ Not everyone has TeamSpeak

+ Sad and boring... if you are an active player, I hope you would see it by now :whistle:

+ "Why not just punish? the ghost people like 30min or one or two hours ban, just that, Asshole", Mr. LQuidador :sneaky:

In conclusion, I hope this issue will be rethought. It should be pollified (Excuse my sucka** English), or to be made as a poll, so we can see the opinions of the community.

Best regards,

Nicholas K.

P/S: Aren't we already ghosting on TS? Da hell happened with logic these day. Damn

You've been told by our Leader, a Co-Leader, Division Leader and Division Manager that Dead Chat wouldn't be making a comeback. Why do you insist on keeping this thread going when it most likely won't happen?

You've been told by our Leader, a Co-Leader, Division Leader and Division Manager that Dead Chat wouldn't be making a comeback. Why do you insist on keeping this thread going when it most likely won't happen?

#Closed