TBOHB

Official Highlander Team!

Uhhh, have you spoken to any higher ups about this? I'm sure there's no problem, but i wouldn't call it an "official" team without the approval of higher ups.

That is being worked on.

What league are you playing in? I don't plan on joining because of my bad internet but I would like it clarified.

Steel for now. If we continue in future seasons, I plan to go up in rank.

Steel for now. If we continue in future seasons, I plan to go up in rank.

No offense but I would recommend Iron for now since we used to have an xG highlander team that weren't good enough to play in Steel but had some decent players on the team. Iron is a good starting point so I would start there and rank up if you do well.

I'd be down to participate or help lead but I can probably just give you or help with our current official steel team instead of making a new one. I'm just wondering if this will be a for fun team or actually trying to be skilled, because our other attempts at trying have just led to toxicity, fractured friend groups and 2 win seasons, while our for fun seasons led to 2 wins and actual fun and laughter in teamspeak.

I don't want to be rude, but I have some concerns, xG has tried quite a few highlander teams, and only two have finished one or more seasons. It takes alot of hard work to organize practices and scrims among 9 different players, and unless you're absolutely committed the team probably won't last four games. This seems like it was a spur of the moment decision to make a team, and those don't usually pan out.

My advice if you want to succeed would be to glean as much information as you can from other leaders, keep them added after you've played them so you can organize scrims and ask them what groups they use to find scrims. And don't just talk to the players on match days, keep that dialogue open so you're not surprised by an absence.

Good luck.

No offense but I would recommend Iron for now since we used to have an xG highlander team that weren't good enough to play in Steel but had some decent players on the team. Iron is a good starting point so I would start there and rank up if you do well.

Can confirm, the rude awakening is that community server scrubs like us, no matter how skilled, have the gamesense and synergy of a carrot. We got rekt by twelve year olds who pub all night, even if our 3rd or 4th best player was better than their best

Can confirm, the rude awakening is that community server scrubs like us, no matter how skilled, have the gamesense and synergy of a carrot. We got rekt by twelve year olds who pub all night, even if our 3rd or 4th best player was better than their best
Yeah we are doing this for fun. I will set it to Iron instead of Steel. If popular vote is to git gud then I will think about it.

I played a bit of iron back in 2014, we got to the 3rd round of playoffs I believe. I don't really have the time to play comp anymore but if you want, I can help y'all practice to prepare you for UGC. Also, is it going to be highlander 9v9 or 6v6?

highlander 9v9

That is the only form of highlander. The other mode you referred to is 6s.

Highlander has nine players, one playing each class. Whereas 6s (in the meta) has two scouts, two soldiers, a demo, and a medic (this mode usually allows off-classing.)