CappyCappy

The Great Xg Tf2 Revival

Kinda funny how I joined surf a while back for the memes and i was like "les go meme on jb" and then killed surf because everyone left to go to jb. xdddd

Anyways, even though I never play I wanna give my two cents on this. Some people keep defending the more dead servers by saying "Well in the summer.." well heres the thing, is summer anywhere near being here? No. I feel like the best thing to be done is just to get rid of the dead servers if so wished and then put a select few back up over the summer to see how they do, no reason to keep them up the entire time when apparently it will get better in the summer.

I know that VSH is pretty to easy to populate, see the friday last week. But unlike JB, not much people actually do it. If we can do it more often, we might be able to to keep VSH, but Deathrun... Completely Dead as its name suggests.

VSH has its possibilties, but as stated before, when the old plugin was removed a good portion of its playerbase left and either went to different servers or games.

Also, all the servers could use some new fresh maps to it.

I'm sure if you find some that you think people would like you can just make a post requesting to get them added :)

Deathrun and VSH can be easily populated

I would like to point out how we popped deathrun with some regulars for a few weeks a while back. kek

On the subject of "populating the servers", even if you do hold events to populate some servers, it really doesn't matter unless the people that join it enjoy the gamemode, since from what I've seen, you start an event to do so, some people join, and then the next day the server's dead again. So again, unless you can get people to stay there, population events are useless and people are just gonna want to be there to try and make it better, even though it won't.

Tf2 Ware - what ? This server is empty almost at all times.

I believe this is due to the reason people don't really know we have a tf2ware server, I played a bit of this mode with Bello a while back, it was pretty fun, just that people don't know we have it is more than likely the cause.

I didn't realize our servers were turning into a massive safe space

Well isn't that kinda the reason staff members are a thing, there's an motd for a reason, as long as the staff member who is on a server isn't just destroying everyones fun I don't see a problem with them trying to uphold what is stated in the motd.

K well that's all I got.

TL;DR: Remove dead servers until the summer since people say they will be more active at that time. When brought back in summer make an announcement stating they are back, if they don't do good during the summer either, consider permanently removing them.

Well isn't that kinda the reason staff members are a thing, there's an motd for a reason, as long as the staff member who is on a server isn't just destroying everyones fun I don't see a problem with them trying to uphold what is stated in the motd.

No? Staff members exist mainly to make sure everybody is having fun on the server, while nobody is being discriminated nor being disrespected. And to make sure game mode rules aren't being broken (which would make the game a whole lot less fun if that wasn't the case)

But it doesn't really make sense to me when someone jokingly says something to one of his friends and staff goes "WHOA, DON'T USE THAT WORD!! IT COULD POSSIBLY (unlikely) OFFEND SOMEONE WHO IS OVERLY SENSITIVE!!!!!!!"

That's why I often argue about a huge portion of our rules and how it really just turns our severs into a safe space for the people that are very often internally opressed. I would also argue that we as staff members should be allowed to bend some of the rules, mainly game mode rules (as long as within reason) in order to make the server a tad bit more fun, i get extremely irritated when someone goes "Oh but egossi in the rules it says you cant do that :emoji_fearful::emoji_scream: you are a terrible admin even though nobody has a problem with what you're doing im still gonna complain so maybe i can increase my chances of getting staff myself LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!"

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

by warning and threatening people when they use words like "faggot" and phrases like "kill yourself"? yeah, nah

??????

What's your point here? Nobody gets warned anymore for joking saying the word faggot at least not when i play or see when anybody else uses it as a joke but it is disrespect when used as a disrespectful manner. Also Kill yourself is massive disrespect and not death threats, we've been over this over and over people, there is a major difference between death threats and massive disrespect. Disrespect has always been called on and people have been punished for it, so i don't understand why you think it's silly that they are catching rule breakers. I'm not sure if you're allowed to say kill yourself in a joking manner or not but if you have a problem with it, why not make a thread about it? Doing nothing and knowing something you don't like goes on is incredibly counter productive, perhaps others share your opinion.

oh, huh i was looking at the general server rules and not the TF2 General MOTD, my bad. I didn't realize our servers were turning into a massive safe space

Stoping disrespect is now being in a safe space??????? Jesus christ.

That's why I often argue about a huge portion of our rules and how it really just turns our severs into a safe space for the people that are very often internally opressed. I would also argue that we as staff members should be allowed to bend some of the rules, mainly game mode rules (as long as within reason) in order to make the server a tad bit more fun, i get extremely irritated when someone goes "Oh but egossi in the rules it says you cant do that :emoji_fearful::emoji_scream: you are a terrible admin even though nobody has a problem with what you're doing im still gonna complain so maybe i can increase my chances of getting staff myself LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!"

I'm not disagreeing with you on that, but if people on the server start complaining about it, its probably a sign you should stop, although it is fun sometimes bending some rules or whatnot.

??????

What's your point here? Nobody gets warned anymore for joking saying the word faggot at least not when i play or see when anybody else uses it as a joke but it is disrespect when used as a disrespectful manner. Also Kill yourself is massive disrespect and not death threats, we've been over this over and over people, there is a major difference between death threats and massive disrespect. Disrespect has always been called on and people have been punished for it, so i don't understand why you think it's silly that they are catching rule breakers. I'm not sure if you're allowed to say kill yourself in a joking manner or not but if you have a problem with it, why not make a thread about it? Doing nothing and knowing something you don't like goes on is incredibly counter productive, perhaps others share your opinion.

Stoping disrespect is now being in a safe space??????? Jesus christ.

what? im literally not even talking about disrespect, im talking about people using certain words, and even if it's used jokingly they get warned/kicked/banned, and I dont get how you dont see it, literally everytime im on tgh someone gets silenced/gagged/warned just for being edgy and saying something like "lol kys", i think it's stupid

what? im literally not even talking about disrespect, im talking about people using certain words, and even if it's used jokingly they get warned/kicked/banned, and I dont get how you dont see it, literally everytime im on tgh someone gets silenced/gagged/warned just for being edgy and saying something like "lol kys", i think it's stupid

What people are being silenced for is disrespect, and i even touched on your point that if you think it's a problem make a thread. No one gets silenced or gagged for saying faggot as a joke anymore however, i'm not sure about KYS. Some people don't want to be held liable if something happens, that's what i think is going, it's to cover xG's ass. But why would you want to Kys anyway in the first place? only dumb memers use it. Also idk what you mean that everytime you're on tgh you ee people gagged for KYS i hardly ever see anyone use it and when it is used many times it's people being butt hurt. Also i'm saying that the times people use it is a disrespectful manner, what you might think is a joke, others might be offended, that's life. i'm sorry if you can't understand that or you disagree with me, but that's just what i think the mods go through.

Also, if an admins tells you not to do something, then it's probably not okay to say it again, they give these people ample times to stop, even if they are joking in your case, it's hard to believe they are not after the second or third time where their punishment gets more severe, they know the rules because they got punished at that point it's hard sympathize with them if they keep doing it over and over.

You seem to talk like you're on TGH really often. Based on your chat history, [MEDIA=imgur]a/do8Qi[/MEDIA], you've only had 3 total connects this month alone. And going on what you said in your chat history, there was at least one time that you've connected that nobody was warned for saying "kys", so I wouldn't say it's literally every time. Though, considering that whopping 6.4 hours in the past two weeks you have on TF2, I don't really think you get enough activity to actually know the servers and what goes on in them. Maybe you should come around to TGH more often egossi and see how me and @Vixen handle things, instead of coming when we're offline to BM the two of us. Now lets stop derailing this thread and figure out how to keep the dead servers populated, instead of complaining about how others handle their staff positions.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

What people are being silenced for is disrespect, and i even touched on your point that if you think it's a problem make a thread. No one gets silenced or gagged for saying faggot as a joke anymore however, i'm not sure about KYS. Some people don't want to be held liable if something happens, that's what i think is going, it's to cover xG's ass. But why would you want to Kys anyway in the first place? only dumb memers use it. Also idk what you mean that everytime you're on tgh you ee people gagged for KYS i hardly ever see anyone use it and when it is used many times it's people being butt hurt. Also i'm saying that the times people use it is a disrespectful manner, what you might think is a joke, others might be offended, that's life. i'm sorry if you can't understand that or you disagree with me, but that's just what i think the mods go through.

Also, if an admins tells you not to do something, then it's probably not okay to say it again, they give these people ample times to stop, even if they are joking in your case, it's hard to believe they are not after the second or third time where their punishment gets more severe, they know the rules because they got punished at that point it's hard sympathize with them if they keep doing it over and over.

KYS is a mutable offence. If done repeatedly, it can be ban worthy

We should have a Frontline! Community server.

If you dont know what Frontline is, it is basically a huge collection of community made content that is connected to WW2 maps, and such. It will feature vehicles and the payload in these maps are tanks

:p

Now that the formatting is fixed I can actually reply properly, alright:

Deathrun - look at the name of this server.

Look at my previous post.

Surf - usually active with lots of xG on. Pretty friendly community mostly.

I can agree with that.

Vs hale - people comes in bursts, sometimes needs manual population, semi-low activity

VSH is easy to populate and does have some population at times.

Jb- almost the same as hale, except a ton more active, and members voluntarily populates the server @Tatost @BreadNubic

JB has also been regaining population during the past week(s), here's a screenshot taken from 2 minutes ago.

agyazo.com_d7871c270dbb7e96e049608cc985040c.png.5f63fb3fb677dedbd248cde15f61b57d.png

I know 8 people doesn't seem much, but it's fairly decent for this time.

Trade Gaming history- I personally detest this server, as a lot of randoms play on it and the server is quite cancerous at times. But extremely active , most random a plays here.

I absolutely disagree about the community part, but yes, its population is fine.

Trade pokemon - better than tgh IMO. A lot of mods and admins plays here. Very active but sometimes empty servers. Better community then tgh. A lot of the members plays here, this server has a bright future . The spawn camps tho @papascarce

Poketrade has a decent population, also community improvements are made by @Vexx and @Vixen right now. Quite frankly Poketrade's community is worse than TGH's, there's a lot of bind-spammers, lenny-spammers and micspam even done by regulars.

ZFT- dead , only sometimes a few people goes on.

Used to be @mrnutty12's home, but it's been fairly dead recently, if we have to, we can change it to a different gamemode.

Mvm - meh. Populated at some times, but radoms ruins the fun. Needs more maps.

what do you mean by randoms ruin the fun, lol. Fairly populated for a (mvm) server with 6 slots, we shouldnt definitely keep that one.

Trade/Events - Dead as merasmus when soldier pulled the rabbit out of his ass. Pretty pointless unless for events.

Not true, usually has a few people on there: agyazo.com_306ea1d42b63a97a8f6cd906174b8b42.png.accbfd31a1befdd345799be59a938b1d.png

I do agree that it's not a lot, but hey, it's better than ZF or ware. People seem to be enjoying the walmart map.

Tf2 Ware - what ? This server is empty almost at all times.

It's pretty much dead, I personally enjoy playing it with a few real life friends every once in a while, but there's obviously no reason to keep it.

Advertise them more and make them known to the world.

I'll add a sentence to the advertisements.txt that tells people to check out other servers by typing !servers or something similar, I'll do that tomorrow since I'm having a biology exam tomorrow and I gotta study for that today.

Recruit more xG members. There are tons of nice people out there that can be recruited. They can help restore the servers to their former glory. Promote more staff members. Demote inactive staff , etc.

Vouching requirements will be nerfed as soon as @Aegean posts an announcement, we desperately look for more staff at all times, but it does not seem like anyone would be fitting right now.

Trade Gaming history- I personally detest this server, as a lot of randoms play on it and the server is quite cancerous at times. But extremely active , most random a plays here.

i just saw this post, hold the fucking phone. You call TGH cancerous but you think pokemon is better? Get the fuck outta here.

- Someone who has played on both for a long time.

I honestly have to agree with @Vector here, don't talk down about the server and then call another server that's got literally the same amount of cancer on it "better." Mainly the most staff I see on Poketrade is @Parasect, @Floppy, sometimes @Bagel and I. Even with us on the server it can get pretty cancerous. I wouldn't go so far to saying it's better than TGH though. @Vexx and @Vixen do really well at keeping that place clean so it's pretty nice there.

But, here are my thoughts on the servers-

TGH large population and has a normal amount of staff on at all times to keep it clean- keep

Pokemon Trading Center has a normal and stable population starting at around 10-11 AM, my time that is ;]. And has staff on mostly going to @Parasect.- keep

Deathrun is easy to populate with a group of friends, just our plugin is complete shiet.- I am honestly in between on this one

Jailbreak #1 is stable with people like @BreadNubic, Spoopy, @Floppy, @AlmostAllTheStaffThatPlaysTF2.- Keep.

Jailbreak #2 has unique maps to almost every other jailbreak server. All the good ones that is ;]. But, has almost no one on at all times. Probably able to be populated over the summer time- Remove until summer??

Zombie Fortress is a really, really fun gamemode that is populated over the summer.- remove until summer?

VSH has been getting bursts of population every now and then and is kinda fun for me and all the people I've seen on there.-keep

Scripts testing just remove this please it is never used by anyone.

Events can have people on there at random times.- in the middle here again

TF2ware can be populated over the summer-remove until summer