Sign in to follow this  
Rexx

Athletic Advice for track?

Hey, I know I haven't been on in a while well my comp broke enough said. Well I just made my school track team this weeka and I'm wondering if any of you guys got advice on improving my speed and cardio? I'm about 5 feet 7 right now and weigh about 120 pounds. I run a 6 minute mile on average but when I do go try hard on running miles I get about a 5:30-5:50 miles at best. I guess I run ok but the guys on my track team are pretty fast even compared to me. The only training I have right now is running with 10lbs ankle weights strapped to my ankles and that slows me down a little but is there anything else I can do to improve my speed and cardio?

oh dear god its rexx, ill ignore everything that u did and just give u some advice. for cardio, what u want to do is to do several different types of cardio exercises, dont just focus on running cause ur body will get used to it and u wont improve. do jogging, sprinting, biking, swimming, uphill walking and jogging (helps a lot more and is more taxing on ur muscles)

oh dear god its rexx, ill ignore everything that u did and just give u some advice. for cardio, what u want to do is to do several different types of cardio exercises, dont just focus on running cause ur body will get used to it and u wont improve. do jogging, sprinting, biking, swimming, uphill walking and jogging (helps a lot more and is more taxing on ur muscles)

Honestly Fuck the past. I don't care what I did and I don't care how you or anyone think about it because it's no big deal to me. And oh ok, So I started running with ankle weights but I'm hearing alot of online debates about that and some people say it's gonna injure me and stunt my growth and some people say it will help me idk. What do you think about running with ankle weight?

imo, dont use ankle weights or any kind of weights on urself, from what ive heard, it will fuck u over later on in life, its best to stick to ur own body weight as a way to weigh u down, anything thats artificially added to ur weight like ankle weights arent good for u

imo, dont use ankle weights or any kind of weights on urself, from what ive heard, it will fuck u over later on in life, its best to stick to ur own body weight as a way to weigh u down, anything thats artificially added to ur weight like ankle weights arent good for u

Oh I see, I do need an inhaler to run sometimes though because I run out of breath more easily than some of the other runners. But I guess I'm a decent sprinter for my size and I can probably make into the first 400 yard division. Oh and I know I'm still growing and yeah but is it safe for me to use 20lbs dumbells? Or will that also stunt my growth?

are u using them as free weights or are u using them while ur running to sort of weigh u down? cause u should be using them as free weights, not as weigh downs

Considering im in soccer and not track i dont know if this will work but try windsprints. Find a flat area and sprint as fast as you can about 50 yards then jog back. once you reach the start sprint the 50 yards again and repeat this about 10 or 15 times. Keep doing this and you'll work your speed and stamina up pretty good.