Sign in to follow this  
Scub

Castle Guard, RAMP Vs. Stairs

I'm not all that mad about what happened, but I'm more concerned about whether or not a tarp was given before 12:00, resulting in a massive LQ Day (Virtually). This is not a personal attack on anyone, I'm only concerned about the rules. I will not name names, I only want to know whether or not I am correct on the event being a massive tarp.

On Castle Guard, a few minutes ago, a round started. The warden asked for everybody to get to the bottom of cell stairs and unstack shoulder to shoulder on the black line by a certain time (13:00). Everybody was doing this. The problem occured when it hit 13:00. Every CT mass free killed everybody on the black and charcoal line.

The reason? I know this has been debated back and forth about the RAMP being a ramp and not stairs. Here is the issue. The ramp is almost always called the stairs, so I believe this is general knowledge, especially since every round before this event was called bottom of cell stairs. Everyone was mass free killed for not being at the VIP cells, but again this was not specified WHICH stairs. I believe this was a tarp and a massive free kill day and a mod told me to "suck it up." Yet, I watched 30 T's get slaughtered unjustly and nothing was done about it.

It was a tarp before 12:00.

I want to know, from the higher admins, whether or not that was a tarp, even though its general knowledge that the ramp is often referred to as the stairs...

It was a tarp before 12:00.

It's a tarp, he gave them an order which would get them killed.

I think that we should keep ramp and stair separate terms and that referring to the ramp on castle as stairs should be a tarp.

I was on that night and at that time the ordeal occurred, who ever the Warden was did not specify which stairs in castle guard as there are 3 you can choose, the vip area, by the simon says sign and by the vent that leads to the armory by cells. He didn't specify which one so it is a tarp if he killed Ts for going into different areas.

I was on that night too and now that you mentioned it Scub, it is definitely a Tarp since it was not after 12:00...

However, A ramp is always going to be a ramp and stairs will always be stairs. I think they should not consider the cell ramp stairs at all. This is the 3rd time this actually happened while I was playing in this map. 1st one was as a T and warden said "shift walk to the cell stairs" And I was the only one who remembered that vip cells are the only one who had stairs. I walked towards the vip stairs and one CT even shot me because he didn't know either and I almost got killed. Then all of a sudden the rest of my team got mass murdered because they weren't with me so i ended up getting the !lr.

2nd time was as a CT and one of the xG Mod was the warden (forgot who it was) and ordered everyone to shift walk to the bottom of cell stairs, he repeated it soooo many times giving them clue that they are not on the proper place. Once he gave them a final time to be doing the order, no one got it and we ended up killing most of the Ts.

3rd time is this incident with Scub and yeah he is definitely right about the tarp. But for Stairs and Ramps, I really think it shouldn't be considered the same. That's just my 2 cents!

Peace!

ShenTrunks