Sign in to follow this  
Matsi

Looking For New Memory

I have ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support and UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com

I am looking to put in 32GB of ddr3 2400 and the best ones I have found so far are

G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10Q-32GTX - Newegg.com

Anyone know of some memory that comes in a pack of 4x8GB sticks, is DDR3 2400 and has a faster CAS latency than 10?

Or perhaps some similar memory that's designed for AMD instead of Intel?

Is there any reason you need that much RAM? idk what you do on the computer, but if you just play games that's pretty unnecessary and should stick to 16gb @Matsi

Is there any reason you need that much RAM? idk what you do on the computer, but if you just play games that's pretty unnecessary and should stick to 16gb @Matsi

I multitask a lot, and also do graphic editing and processing, I need more than that but 32 is what my current motherboard supports.

Besides is there any reason NOT to have that much?

Well theres not any reason if you have the money, just curious as to why, but ya if you do do video editing that would be a desirable amount, I'll look through some later, but the one in your second post is a good choice. and G.skill has a great life time RMA incase something happens.

Well theres not any reason if you have the money, just curious as to why, but ya if you do do video editing that would be a desirable amount, I'll look through some later, but the one in your second post is a good choice. and G.skill has a great life time RMA incase something happens.

I do photo editing where I use photoshop to automate batch processing files from dng to png and psd while adding watermarks and resizing the pngs for the web... doing like 1000 images at a time and it still takes several hours.

Cool, thanks... I was thinking I would go with the one in my second post as well.