Thorax_

Proposal For Old Threads In 'latest'.

Personally I find it extremely annoying to see a thread name that is technically so old or near being old enough to be considered a necrod thread if a response was added.

I was thinking that if a section was to not have any new activity after a certain time frame, in the Latest instead of last posted on thread it would say "Its quiet here...start a convo!" And it would be a link to start a new thread in that section

@Rhododendron @Aegean @Nomulous

I understand the reasoning for it, the only issue I have is some sections would be omitted from this as (member protest) for example shouldn't ask for a new post lol. I personally don't think this is a big issue, but figuring out ways to generate conversation in other sections of the thread is not a bad idea

Adding on to that, perhaps having a day of the week/month where we specifically use a section of the thread that isn't so common wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course it would depend on the community but for example (music monday) where we just talk about music in that section and create a new thread every week. I would like to hear ideas from members/staff on how to increase traffic and activity on our other less used sections on the forums

Not so sure it's worth going through the trouble of implementing anything over something that seems so minor and trivial.

Though it is worth noting that this is a Gaming Community, so it makes sense that sections related to 'Music' or 'Drawing' are dead, and honestly I don't really see that as a problem. The only reason they're there is to provide an outlet should anyone feel like posting specifics.

If anything, I would just consider removing them altogether or just merging them (remove specifics like MS Paint, Sprays, and keep Drawings). Reason being that the 'General' section is a section for practically anything in general, which can include [but is not limited to] drawing, music and the like. Sort of makes the existence of any other specific section moot in a way. I mean, I would go so far as to say that the General section makes up the majority of activity and threads to begin with. But even then, I see no reason to remove those sections as they aren't really doing any harm; at the most, they encourage people to share their opinions/thoughts on topics outside of the whole gaming spectrum.

Aside from that, I don't really see the need/benefit to promote sections that don't exactly pertain to Xeno Gamers as a whole, especially if they don't receive any attention to begin with. As previously mentioned, the existence of those sections is purely for convenience. The attention/resources could be better spent on higher priorities like Servers, Social Media, YouTube, etc. If grave digging is the problem here, then just implement a small rule stating that it doesn't apply to 'Creative' sections of the Forums.

EDIT: apologies in advance for this long-ass post, I swear it wasn't supposed to be this long :coffee:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

@Forest aka Coffee Lord yeah you do bring up good points, it's definitely not necessary but it's something to think about imo. I do like when other sections of the forum are used instead of everything being dumped into general (even though that is the point) but regardless you are right that having those areas as niche areas is good enough so that people can use it if necessary.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)