John

Avoiding bans.

I'm not sure if this should be in a different thread, but here goes.

Today in Jailbreak we had a person mass freekill. Upon death they immediately changed their name to something else. I would consider this avoiding a ban. I asked other admins if it was avoiding a ban their opinions conflicted. I also asked Chrono because he is the CS:GO DL and a higher up, he said that it wasn't avoiding a ban.

I would however, like to get a ruling on this. I myself think it to be avoiding a ban. Not that I don't believe you Chrono. I just need to know from the other higher ups.

@@DarkWolf6052 @@Gkoo @@Forest @@PiNoYPsYcHo @@Chrono @@serbiansnaga @@Duckii @Brian @Vector

Please tag anyone else who should be tagged regarding this.

I kinda do think that it is avoiding punishment, because the whole purpose of changing your name is to delay staff from finding out what you did and punish you. Yes, while we can eventually track the person down, it can take a little bit, which could lead the further problems if the person decides to further break rules. Just like with disconnecting from the server after a mass freekill, they're trying to throw the staff off to either avoid being punished at all, or are trying to delay a ban as long as possible.

Actually, yes, that is avoiding a ban. Changing your name on the server is like disconnecting to avoid punishment. It changes your name and keeps admins from punishing you. A normal punishment for a mass freekill and disconnect is a perm server ban, but seeing as the user was still physically on the server, he should still be punished via server ban along with his already CT ban.

He may not have understood what we meant exactly, this wasn't about calling Chrono out. He leads a rough life. But thank you Brian.

not that it isn't "avoiding a ban" but they are still in the server, and there is no reason to permanently server ban them for mass freekilling if you still have access to them in server.

eh, i dont see any differences, if you guys wanna server ban him for that ( i dont think you should, hes just a derp ) because he just said he's not trying to do that, All i said was you still massed and he's still getting perm'd from CT end of that story (for me)