Vertex

Getting Organized

A few things need to happen to get the gmod division organized.

Phase One

• I require full access to the "Garry's Mod" Main channel on teamspeak. Contact myself over steam if required.
    • This includes being able to create sub channels as required.

• "TTT" and "Morbus" tags need to be added to the Garry's Mod forums @Rhododendron
    • Afterwards, @eyesofdeath983 if you could sort out these forums that would be great.
      • Organize things to their appropriate tags
      • Remove old threads (don't touch motd threads)
      • Pin/unpin threads by importance
      • Update the admin handbook
        • pro-resolution techniques etc

• A "TTT" division manager is required BEFORE progressing to phase two
  • If you're interested, you should post your qualifications bellow
  • This is what will be expected of that division manager. And as a note to @eyesofdeath983 this is what you *can* do for morbus.
    • Oversee the policing and populating of TTT
      • With the assistance of stickz.

[*]Handle all future ban protests related to TTT.

[*]Organize and forward feedback to stickz.

[*]Keep the forums relating to TTT organized.

[*]Gather & Manage Server Moderators for TTT.

[*]Sort out server rules (ts meeting with the division)

[*]Help test and point out any issues before server launch

[*]Boost activity and player involvement on the forums.

Phase Two

• A four core managed linux vds needs launched in Chicago
    • Open ticket with provider and ensure it's on a e5-2697v3.
    • All gmod servers need moved expect xenogm001
      • Morbus needs more testing before getting moved.

• A 'TTT' launch date needs planned when stickz, @eyesofdeath983 and others can make it.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

@eyesofdeath983 I just had a chance to read over the edited admin handbook. Looks good expect for two things.

The protocol for ghosting is harsh. There should be a clause added to handle this is a more pro-resolution based manor; especially, if the client doesn't have any rdms or is new to the server and/or the gamemode. I don't think it's harsh if the client has RDMs from it though.

It doesn't mention anything about meta-gaming ether. Something needs drafted up for that. I recommend pro-resolution ie. trying to get the client to stop it. And banning as a last resort.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

I shall create them, but I can't buy another VPS at this time.

Can you do it at a later time though, if TTT get's a division manager to run it?

Just wondering if that server should be primed and rules setup with the assumption that will happen in the future.

@eyesofdeath983 Noted.

N-Word management needs revised. What I've been doing is looking for the connation. for example "n i g g a" is not nearly as concerning as the proper "er" forum as it's made less offensive. It's a problem when 'er' is being abused on microphones or chat to the point where it gets offensive.

My procedure for full connation and repeated usage has been warn ("stop using that word"), then kick. Gag/Mute if they come back. Ban for 3 days if they avoid the Gag/Mute or do it again the following map. Pretty much forcing the client to stop and making them disappear if they dodge the silence.

The goal is to prevent people from getting offended. And to ensure trolls don't get the satisfaction of a negative reaction to feed their enjoyment.

p.s. There was someone spoon-feeding the word to a 8 to 12 year old the other day aswell.

@eyesofdeath983 I didn't see the keyword "claim" on the handbook for the issue of claiming rooms. This is normally a 2 week ban, but if moderators want to be nice, they can warn "kids" who don't know how the play the game.

@eyesofdeath983 If a kid is claiming a room and doesn't how to play banning is kinda harsh. The admin handbook doesn't specify that people who don't know how to play shouldn't just be "banned" for making a mistake.

@Stickz For serious offenses we shouldn't be so lenient, it usually isn't a kid who doesn't know how to play who's claiming a room, massing, or ghosting. It's a troll or some guy who just doesn't care doing whatever he wants. Those people deserve to be banned. I agree with pro resolution on regular RDM's and small conflicts for sure, but for serious offences, it just gives them another round to break the rules and ruin the game for regular players. Note I have had players complain to me about our ability to moderate the server on numerous occasions because of this. For ghosting and claiming rooms, I say get rid of the warning, just ban them, if they are doing those things, they know they are ruining the game and breaking the rules. Keep in mind at the end of the day, it is the players job to read the rules of the server.

@eyesofdeath983

I had a room claiming incident a few weeks ago and got on the microphone. The issue was successfully resolved without banning anyone. I was like... "You can't just claim a room and rdm everyone who comes in. You're going to be off this server so quickly it's even funny. That's like mass rdm." The person never did that again, everyone on the server knew the problem was resolved and everything was good without a server ban.

It's not about punishing the player, it's about resolving a conflict. This worked better than a server ban because they learned to never do it again and it never happened again.

@Stickz I'll put it so that we warn them and then ban. I am just concerned about the times when the player commits these major offences the second time after the warning. It does make it look like the staff aren't doing anything about rule breaking on the server which, like I said, has been brought up to me on several occasions in the past.

If it's a kid who doesn't know how to play

lol how are the mods supposed to know? And why are you giving kids special leeway, why not all players that don't know how to play? And again, you can't really know without giving them a warning and talking to them first if they are trolling or genuinely don't know how to play. Why don't you just keep it uniform; warn them and then ban if they continue, that's what you want isn't it? conflict resolution? Honestly you're making it way more complicated than it needs to be.