Counter-Strike

In-Game Name:

Grant

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:151197886

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

Well, I was playing on a jailbreak server and I will tell what happened...

So I was playing as C.T and I was checking a vent because my friend [we were on skype] told me that there was a guy in the vent. So he went in front of me and I went behind him and he shot a cell vent to get out... No one was in the vent he lied. So then he blamed the vent on me. I said otherwise and then went to do the dishwasher, this is why I didn't say anything after I said I didn't break a vent. So then my brother decided it would be a good idea to go on my computer while I was AFK on the server and then throw a grenade at a stack of Ts and then AWP kill a lot of them. Now when I came back to my computer a few minutes after I left, I was out of the server. So I decided to play another game thinking nothing of it. Then a hour or so later I went on the Jailbreak server and almost everyone was pissed at me and talking about how I free killed a whole bunch of people and they said it was on the forums. So I checked the forums and found a video of my player [my brother was on my computer] killing a bunch of innocent Ts. I apologized to everyone and told them what happened but no one would believe me. So then I just kept playing until I got banned.

I apologize to everyone that was free killed. I don't need the ban to be completely revoked, even if it is for a week or two that is ok. I understand that there needs to be a punishment. If I do get unbanned I will make sure that I leave the server when I am AFK. I can assure you if I am unbanned that this wont happen again.

Thank you for reading.

-Grant

Ahh yes the typical my brother story.

but since he is willing to give the effort and at least try and get it revoked, shows initiative, I say reduce the ban dependent on the mod/admins choice that banned him(I suggest 2weeks.) @Snackbar @Bonk @Hidingmaster

-1 massed on purpose and uses the lil brother story

I know people wont believe me and it sounds cliche and stupid but i'm not lying. I apologize to everyone who was killed. It was my older brother btw.

I know people wont believe me and it sounds cliche and stupid but i'm not lying. I apologize to everyone who was killed. It was my older brother btw.

it was less then a min so your brother would have been in the room waiting to do it or your lying? idk why people try to lie about this shit you fucked up own up to your mistake and try to make it right dont lie and put blame on somebody we dont even know exists.

it was less then a min so your brother would have been in the room waiting to do it or your lying? idk why people try to lie about this fudge you fricked up own up to your mistake and try to make it right dont lie and put blame on somebody we dont even know exists.

He was watching TV when I left....

it was less then a min so your brother would have been in the room waiting to do it or your lying? idk why people try to lie about this fudge you fricked up own up to your mistake and try to make it right dont lie and put blame on somebody we dont even know exists.

Ye I have the same thought pattern, but I think to my self, why would any one care enough to make a protest just to do it again? it's meaningless, I don't believe him, but at least he is trying to show change. shouldn't be perm at least in my eye(kappa) if anything he does it again just perm him from the server.

Unfortunately, for us to be fair we can't believe the "it was my brother" excuse. BUT

I think reducing it to a CT ban is fine, for now. I would say play some more on the server, and in a few weeks time reapply to get the reduction of the CT ban.

TLDR

Will reduce to CT ban (instead of server). Post again in a few weeks to ask for a month/2wk CT ban (instead of perm).

If anyone disagrees, let me know, but until then he will be unserverbanned, with a perm ct ban.

Also @Chrono not entirely sure that Fentoo deserves a permanent server ban; his should definitely just be a wk or 2 ct ban.

Ye I have the same thought pattern, but I think to my self, why would any one care enough to make a protest just to do it again? it's meaningless, I don't believe him, but at least he is trying to show change. shouldn't be perm at least in my eye(kappa) if anything he does it again just perm him from the server.

if he stopped the blantant lies i could see giving him a chance but, he probly wants to be unbanned so he can play with his friend fento, and at best he should only be unserver banned to be perm ct banned till he can show he actually wont do it again.

All looks too convenient to me so you'll have to pardon my skepticism. We've had the whole "oh, my brother went on and massed" story countless times, hell we've even had a Staff Member tell us that his cat slayed everyone, so it's a very unlikely story. That being said, I just want to point out the following things that, as mentioned earlier, seem far too convenient.

1. Grant and Fentoo are friends on Steam; it is far more likely that they were just shit-disturbing than it is that they're two harmless friends having a good time, especially given that Fentoo joined in on the freekilling right near the end and was following Grant around.

2. Offending player's brother thought it would be funny to mass freekill or just kill all of the Ts. Simple enough, but it's odd that he would go to the trouble of disconnecting from the Server moments after. Wouldn't it be obvious that he tampered with your account? It would make more sense for him to mass freekill, and then leave it logged in.

3. It is so incredibly easy to lie about this stuff, especially when it's all based off of the evidence provided. Anyone could make up a story when we (the 'jury', so to speak) are unable to see his actions off screen.

Just my two cents. Don't think he should be unbanned from CT at the least.

on second review of thee video, theres an immediate disconnect after the mass, I highly doubt your "brother" was intentional enough to just mass and immediately leave like that-

Changing team ban to permanent, you will still be able to play as a T. Give it some time, at least 30 days, and make a new protest