hongkongatron

Remove trade_sylux_oubliettev2

what do we do boys and girls?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. what do we do boys and girls?

• remove it
    • keep it

Due to the majority of poketrade saying I should make this thread after not being able to switch off of it for a prolonged period of time, here I am.

Firstly, I'd like to bring up the fact that this map isn't even made @Sylux as seen here, a map from 2014.

Secondly, the map is by no means finished. There are "placeholders" in quite a few spots around the map, and you're allowed to go outside the boundary, which I'm not sure the mapmaker intended, as trying to get up the slopes is painfully strenuous to do. A map isn't very fun when all there is is engies sitting around in the intel and snipers far out of anyone's reach on the sides of the map.

+1

It is a decent map but it does get a bit boring. Not really suitable for a trading/battling server but more for an actual CTF game mode or just casual roleplaying. Especially since we have 2 1/2 hours per map, its not ‘open’ enough for anything interesting. If the buildings were bigger and could be went into then we would be getting somewhere. @Sylux What exactly did you even “do” to the map? Just making simple changes doesn’t mean you should slap your name in the map file name and take full credit onto it... just saying.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I'd have to +1 this (for removal).

It's fun at first, but it quickly loses it charm and becomes irritating to play on for a prolonged period of time, so much so that I just leave the server after only like 30 minutes of play on it.

I will say one thing good about it; it's not Goldenrod. :P

As the @Sylux not being the original creator of the map, I was aware he just edited an old map and called it his, but after looking at some pictures of the original map they look literally identical. No offense Sylux, but what exactly did you edit? I can't see a difference to be honest. I don't think it's wise for xG to take a map made by someone else, and then claim it was made by one of our members.

To any outsider, this just looks like a dick move (especially to the map creator!)

I had no idea that @Sylux never made the map. Not cool taking their map and putting your name on it. Just because it isn't finished doesn't mean its up for grabs. As stated before, it doesn't look like you did much at all. You were saying you were fixing some bugs and we never got an updated version of the map. I'm surious as to if you did anything at all besides the music boxes I think.

But honestly I would +1 for removal. Ive played the map before and as stated before, it got boring for me.

Firstly, I'd like to bring up the fact that this map isn't even made @Sylux as seen here, a map from 2014.

I'm not sure if your poll is valid considering you could be spreading false information. Have you talked to Sylux personally about it? If I recall correctly, Sylux knows the original authors and didn't "steal" the map.

Not too sure but if what you said is wrong the community vote might have been different.

I'm not sure if your poll is valid considering you could be spreading false information. Have you talked to Sylux personally about it? If I recall correctly, Sylux knows the original authors and didn't "steal" the map.

Not too sure but if what you said is wrong the community vote might have been different.

I was told this recently and talked to Sylux about it briefly but he feels that he "doesn't need to prove shit."

I was told this recently and talked to Sylux about it briefly but he feels that he "doesn't need to prove shit."

I just talked to Sylux. He claims to be friends with the original author. Apparently it's an older map that the guy who uploaded it on Steam did when he was into mapping. Now he's just making textures and gives some of them to Sylux.

If you still don't believe him, ask the author himself (maybe you should have done this before making assumptions): Steam Community :: HMK3

I can't go offline for more than 2 weeks without some drama. :rolleyes:

Basing your whole thread on speculation is your biggest downfall, this is all just assumption and haven't 1) talked with me, 2) talked with the workshop author, 3) checked the map formatting. Firstly you continued to make a thread which is embarrassing as hell for you when basing with just assumption. You removed and didn't responded to my message on steam so

is a LIE. This was mentioned to @Tatost not you.

The fact you failed to keep me added and discuss/ hear the other side and just flat out remove me to post on forums shows to me you only want drama. HMK is only my friendlist and from day 1 I have said HMK is the texture man, nearly all are by hk in-which they are called 'hk_tree' etc.

This map has been through several variations following player input and thus was changed to 'open' which makes it obsolete from being a route, the map doesn't have a proper name as it's not finished and the final various were still in the works.

It's such a shame when you do nice things for the community and people try and piss all over it, espcially from someone who I thought was mature, very odd behaviour kid you should get that drama fetish fixed.

- @Bello @Vexx @virr

If you need any proof etc that the map is fine to use please let me know.

(y)

I can't go offline for more than 2 weeks without some drama. :rolleyes:

Basing your whole thread on speculation is your biggest downfall, this is all just assumption and haven't 1) talked with me, 2) talked with the workshop author, 3) checked the map formatting. Firstly you continued to make a thread which is embarrassing as hell for you when basing with just assumption. You removed and didn't responded to my message on steam so

is a LIE. This was mentioned to Tatost not you.

The fact you failed to keep me added and discuss/ hear the other side and just flat out remove me to post on forums shows to me you only want drama. HMK is only my friendlist and from day 1 I have said HMK is the texture man, nearly all are by hk in-which they are called 'hk_tree' etc.

This map has been through several variations following player input and thus was changed to 'open' which makes it obsolete from being a route, the map doesn't have a proper name as it's not finished and the final various were still in the works.

It's such a shame when you do nice things for the community and people try and piss all over it, espcially from someone who I thought was mature, very odd behaviour kid you should get that drama fetish fixed.

- @Bello @Vexx @virr

If you need any proof etc that the map is fine to use please let me know.

(y)

I'd like to first apologize to you personally for the assumptions based around the argument this thread, and apologize to the other responses in this thread to make it seem like you were plagiarizing the map, and secondly clear some stuff up.

This started when a poketrade regular had the initiative to want to make his own pokemon map for the server, and was browsing the workshop. They discovered the past workshop link and then brought it to me which I then pointed it out to higherups. I was also trying to base this thread more so around the like-dislike ratio of the map than the "look at this guy he STOLE a MAP" scummy callout sort of thing. It came off as responses being +1's because of the callout rather than a formed opinion around the map. I agree that this thread was based upon assumptions that hadn't been researched before being said, and I also agree that the thread could've been more competently made. I agree completely. To clear up why I removed you, the word choice you used were pretty aggressive and I'd have loved it if you pointed out that what I was saying was incorrect in a decently respectful manner rather than calling me an autistic dumbass. My last point is that the place where (I assume) the "textures from HK" sign is stated is unreadable, as seen below, which is why I, again, simply only made assumptions off of what I thought was reasonable evidence.

acdn.discordapp.com_attachments_244035540087734272_350274351402319902_unknown.thumb.png.c5803dde9cfe8223e918349002c55005.png

I'd like to first apologize to you personally for the assumptions based around the argument this thread, and apologize to the other responses in this thread to make it seem like you were plagiarizing the map, and secondly clear some stuff up.

This started when a poketrade regular had the initiative to want to make his own pokemon map for the server, and was browsing the workshop. They discovered the past workshop link and then brought it to me which I then pointed it out to higherups. I was also trying to base this thread more so around the like-dislike ratio of the map than the "look at this guy he STOLE a MAP" scummy callout sort of thing. It came off as responses being +1's because of the callout rather than a formed opinion around the map. I agree that this thread was based upon assumptions that hadn't been researched before being said, and I also agree that the thread could've been more competently made. I agree completely. To clear up why I removed you, the word choice you used were pretty aggressive and I'd have loved it if you pointed out that what I was saying was incorrect in a decently respectful manner rather than calling me an autistic dumbass. My last point is that the place where (I assume) the "textures from HK" sign is stated is unreadable, as seen below, which is why I, again, simply only made assumptions off of what I thought was reasonable evidence.

[attach=full]31630[/attach]

Closing the thread for now due to OP's request. Feel free to make a new poll though.