Jump to content
hongkongatron

Remove trade_pso_seabed_v2

REMOVE   

40 members have voted

  1. 1. remove??

    • no
      15
    • yes
      25


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Nyxll said:

Oh right I started a hashtag while I was on the server about going against bunker. And alas, I continue to be a butthole, must be in my blood.

I would start a counter rally to support bunker when I get back tomorrow, but I jammed my finger. Can’t play that well if at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluez_ said:

I would start a counter rally to support bunker when I get back tomorrow, but I jammed my finger. Can’t play that well if at all.

#saynotobunker

Okay, why do I continue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nyxll said:

#saynotobunker

Okay, why do I continue?

Listen, as much as I would like to keep my bunker, I see a missed opportunity.

you should have named it #dunkthebunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bluez_ said:

Listen, as much as I would like to keep my bunker, I see a missed opportunity.

you should have named it #dunkthebunk

Oh damn, you are right about that, I am just not good with my hashtags. But thanks for the tip and recreating the hashtag for me. 

Edited by Nyxll (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TBOHB said:

+1 map is super boring and nobody knows what its from. Plus we already have bunker so there is no need to have 2 bunkers

Map is from Phantasy Star Online, an old MMO from the Dreamcast.

It was one of the better ported maps on the server imo, not that many glaring bugs outside of one spot that you can go behind a wall. It does have the same hallway problem that bunker has but if we're honestly going to keep bunker you might as well just keep this one too. If people don't like it they'll just RTV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Vexx said:

Map is from Phantasy Star Online, an old MMO from the Dreamcast.

It was one of the better ported maps on the server imo, not that many glaring bugs outside of one spot that you can go behind a wall. It does have the same hallway problem that bunker has but if we're honestly going to keep bunker you might as well just keep this one too. If people don't like it they'll just RTV.

If the majority of people don't like it then why would we keep it? Yeah you can just type rtv but if a majority of people don't want the map then we shouldn't have it. This isn't specific to this situation either, I stand by this for all maps. If the majority of people want to keep this map then that's fine by me and the people who don't like it can rtv, but we shouldn't just dismiss it as "just rtv" if a larger portion of players dislike the map in the first place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kypari said:

If the majority of people don't like it then why would we keep it? Yeah you can just type rtv but if a majority of people don't want the map then we shouldn't have it. This isn't specific to this situation either, I stand by this for all maps. If the majority of people want to keep this map then that's fine by me and the people who don't like it can rtv, but we shouldn't just dismiss it as "just rtv" if a larger portion of players dislike the map in the first place

Because your idea of "majority of people" are just the people most vocal about it. I'm sure a lot more people on the server like the map, just don't have member to vote/don't want to speak up about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Vexx said:

Because your idea of "majority of people" are just the people most vocal about it. I'm sure a lot more people on the server like the map, just don't have member to vote/don't want to speak up about it.

People will always be more vocal about what they dislike making any kind of vocal minority usually seem as if they are just disgruntled, regardless of if there's merit to the complaints or not. The server messages are a pretty direct way to get these votes in peoples faces and have garnished more traffic for votes, but it's pretty unlikely forum polls will ever reflect a significant portion of the total people who actually play on the servers. 

I would like to see map polls have some higher standards to them since really the only real guideline to it is that it needs a 70% majority and despite it being claimed it's not easy to get maps removed that's proven to not quite be the case when people actually push for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Vexx said:

Because your idea of "majority of people" are just the people most vocal about it. I'm sure a lot more people on the server like the map, just don't have member to vote/don't want to speak up about it. 

Not up to us. This is the best we can do and we have made as much of an effort as we can to make it more vocal on the server, such as the message in chat and it seems to have worked too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just going to clear this up, while I use the whole bunker joke thing a lot, I genuinely like the map, just felt like I should clear that up. It’s quite fun (IMO) to do pushes and so on, it’s just fun to have any sort of objective on a XG server. Yes the corridors do limit classes and can halt fun at times, but that chaos is exactly what makes the map fun for me. Maybe I’m just an idiot, but that’s my take on bunker. It’s ok to like a map, have fun with it, and want to keep it, even if it is a bad map. Because let’s be real.

Bunker Sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LAN_Megalodon said:

I can fix the hole if we have the map files. Keep it real hush hush and not tell the creator, just slap an invisible wall on that biatch and call it a day.

There's really no need to go and do that, I'd recommend if you're going to do this to get permission from the person who created the map. The hole in question isn't game breaking, and you have to actually be trying to get yourself into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>hallway map

thats l i t e r a l l y half of the map selection dude.

im all for it, it looks like trash but it doesnt really matter as LONG AS I UPGRADE MY STRANGE FOR INTERNET POINTS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vexx said:

There's really no need to go and do that, I'd recommend if you're going to do this to get permission from the person who created the map. The hole in question isn't game breaking, and you have to actually be trying to get yourself into it.

I don't know why I'd need permission from them. Seabed isn't an intellectual property of theirs just because they ported it to hammer. Like all credit to them for being able to do something like that but I'm not like saying I'm going to patch up a wall and plaster my name everywhere as a contributor. If you don't need permission to rip game assets out of copyrighted material and use them to build a map I certainly don't have to ask you to fix an area of your map you overlooked, while taking no credit. If they really wanted the bugged version it's not like I'm erasing it from existence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.