Flareon

Remove Trade _edventures_v2

Should trade_edventures_V2 be removed  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should trade_edventures_V2 be removed

• Yes
    • No

I gotta be petty even Though I agree with you and say this is kind of a BS reason. we have maps with objectively worse spawns. The protection works and it's nowhere near as campable as blu spawn on clocktown or Rusty Bucket. But people don't complain about those because camping is fun.

I'm gonna -1, but only because it isn't gaming history related and I have no idea why it was ever added in the first place. and for no other reason.

I love the map, the sounds, the color scheme, and the memes. I even liked it without +use disabled. The amount of people who like the map and sounds are a lot more even than this poll would suggest, the players who enjoy it just don't come on forums.

I see Edventures the same way I see frantic, abstract, and cyberpunk. A well made map, with lots of amazing custom stuff and secrets, that you can interact with in so many ways. But people get so angry on both sides when the map doesn't do exactly what they want, or people switch songs, or close the boxing ring, or even just play a song. This leads to just more malicious spamming and trolling. I don't think the population of our Trade severs have ever proven ourselves to be mature enough to handle a map with so many custom options without constant conflict. And staff just get overwhelmed and don't want to deal with the minutia of moderating with all of that going on at once and just tend to want the map gone. We should remove the map, and be careful about maps that have a lot of user end bells and whistles

Tl;dr remove the map, it isnt gaming related. And from now on stop adding maps with so much you can manipulate/customize on the user end (+use,buttons, etc) because we've never been mature enough to handle them and they have only ever caused problems.

The same could have been said for Nimbus where there was numerous people who wanted to keep it but either couldn't make a vote or don't use the forums. I'm fine with moderating most of these things, especially the boxing ring, but at least the spammy aspects in most other maps are confined to one area. Most of the stuff in edventures plays everywhere. Anyways yeah, I'm guessing you meant +1 for the removal.

+1 to have it removed, its played too much and isnt a part of gaming, ED edd n eddy was a cartoon NOT a game series that made a impact.

The problem with this map is whats already been stated but this map is its too popular same with clocktown and hyrule

all three of these maps i have a problem with yet hyrule and clock town they are mostly loved because of the game themselves .

(i really fucking hate ocarina and majora's but that story is for another time) While edventure is popular for the buttons and secrets what have already died out since as people already said the map is too popular.

But you cant make things unpopular without removing them so yeah +1

Not that I have any say, as I'm not an actual member, but IMO, the map is too bland and big.

It's literally just a bunch of copy-pasted houses, with slight color variation, spread out over a 60 square mile area.

The only defining parts of the map I can even remember are the school, and that one cereal room that only people with noclip can get to.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I agree with the majority ^^ that map has brought more chaos and headache than it's worth, glad that it's getting removed. +1

To piggyback on Bello's removal of the map, I'd just like to clarify the following:

trade_edventures is not being completely removed from the server, just from rotation. This means the map can no longer be voted on or selected by the regular players. Admins+ can still change the map to edventures, but must first secure a 70%+ vote to do so, just like koth_wubwubwub and koth_trainsawlaser.

Since there's such an outcry against the map, it only seems logical to ensure it can't be voted for anymore. That is all. =)