Thorax_

Nintendo Switch

Im excited for that, but I am literally on the edge of my seat for Super Mario Sunshine HD! :D

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT WAS COMING OUT! Super Mario Sunshine was another classic on the gamecube that I really enjoyed

So, when I first saw this I came to tears. Shows how much of a Nintendo freak I am.

My thoughts, heavily countered by my friend, are that this will definitely be one of, if not, the biggest revolutions in gaming history, and why 2016 was not the biggest failure in history.

Let's look at this in categories, because boy, am I excited to talk about this. Be ready for analysis ontop of analysis.

1. CONTROL MECHANICS

The Nintendo Switch/NXT (whichever suits your fancy) looks very confusing and frankly scary when first seen. However, the outside mechanics are not to be feared. When at normal console glance, it could be mistaken for an Xbox One, or even a PlayStation 4. The controller is very similar to the two forementioned builds. At the (many different) GamePad views, it is very advanced. First, the standard GamePad controller. It is very reminiscent to it's predecessor, the Wii U. It has a screen in the middle and two side half controllers, respectively on their individual sides. Another way to be played, as shown, is with just a screen, with the side controllers in the hands of one or two players. Though tempting at first, the gameplay shown inside of the clips along with the differing set ups looks very comfortable. If we are to compare this to the Wii U, the mechanics will most likely involve some form of motion controls, hopefully perfected too. A possible inference is that VR will definitely be implemented at one point. The Nintendo Switch definitely has a lot of room to work with in terms of even simple gameplay mechanics.

2. GAMES AND APPS

Most of the games seen in the trailer itself are ones that have either been made, revised, or are currently being made (possibly). As we can see in the replies to the thread, Super Mario Sunshine HD/2 is a game just waiting to be teased, and Splatoon (2) along many other titles are also already seen. But it's not just Nintendo titles, as we later see. A group of friends is playing NBA2k16 or something like that game, and also we can see a man playing Skyrim Remastered on his Switch. The current library capabilities of the Switch look very promising, and even more when we see exactly how many people have started to team up with Nintendo after the Switch's first trailer. Most likely the game will still run cartridges and such, as that has been the memo for Nintendo's mobile gaming outbreak. As a "gamer" (I hate using that word), I feel that if the Switch can run such a high end console game, it definitely has to have the features to do so, correct?

3. INSIDE THE SWITCH A.K.A: How could it run these games?

As many people who are skeptical of the Switch wonder, how could it possibly run games like Skyrim, GTA V, or even future games like Red Dead Redemption 2, if it comes down to it? Here's the answer: We don't know. We don't know if it will be able to run Skyrim, especially Remastered, at 60 FPS every turn and tunnel. We can doubt it will be able to run GTA V at a clean framerate during every giant explosion and heist. Heck, I don't even think as of now that the outlooked Mario game, or Breath of the Wild, will be in the reaches of 55-65 FPS at times. But, as it is rumored, Nintendo teamed up with NVIDIA to make this console/gamepad. NVIDIA, who made all of your high end graphics cards. The NVIDIA who was planning on making a tablet like the Switch before it got taken down and possibly had a new inspiration. The tablet, they called the Titan, was possibly the best tablet to date, and was obviously going to have even more updated technology in it. So that means if NVIDIA and Nintendo are teaming up, we won't have to worry about toning down options in our game to run a smooth game. They already have that covered.

All in all, I am very excited for the Switch. So much so that I may have my facts and/or opinions wrong. Feel free to help me by adding anything or fixing my errors in your post. Thanks for reading this long ass essay about a console. TL;DR, I like the Switch.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

1. CONTROL MECHANICS

The Nintendo Switch/NXT (whichever suits your fancy) looks very confusing and frankly scary when first seen. However, the outside mechanics are not to be feared. When at normal console glance, it could be mistaken for an Xbox One, or even a PlayStation 4. The controller is very similar to the two forementioned builds. At the (many different) GamePad views, it is very advanced. First, the standard GamePad controller. It is very reminiscent to it's predecessor, the Wii U. It has a screen in the middle and two side half controllers, respectively on their individual sides. Another way to be played, as shown, is with just a screen, with the side controllers in the hands of one or two players. Though tempting at first, the gameplay shown inside of the clips along with the differing set ups looks very comfortable. If we are to compare this to the Wii U, the mechanics will most likely involve some form of motion controls, hopefully perfected too. A possible inference is that VR will definitely be implemented at one point. The Nintendo Switch definitely has a lot of room to work with in terms of even simple gameplay mechanics.

2. GAMES AND APPS

Most of the games seen in the trailer itself are ones that have either been made, revised, or are currently being made (possibly). As we can see in the replies to the thread, Super Mario Sunshine HD/2 is a game just waiting to be teased, and Splatoon (2) along many other titles are also already seen. But it's not just Nintendo titles, as we later see. A group of friends is playing NBA2k16 or something like that game, and also we can see a man playing Skyrim Remastered on his Switch. The current library capabilities of the Switch look very promising, and even more when we see exactly how many people have started to team up with Nintendo after the Switch's first trailer. Most likely the game will still run cartridges and such, as that has been the memo for Nintendo's mobile gaming outbreak. As a "gamer" (I hate using that word), I feel that if the Switch can run such a high end console game, it definitely has to have the features to do so, correct?

3. INSIDE THE SWITCH A.K.A: How could it run these games?

As many people who are skeptical of the Switch wonder, how could it possibly run games like Skyrim, GTA V, or even future games like Red Dead Redemption 2, if it comes down to it? Here's the answer: We don't know. We don't know if it will be able to run Skyrim, especially Remastered, at 60 FPS every turn and tunnel. We can doubt it will be able to run GTA V at a clean framerate during every giant explosion and heist. Heck, I don't even think as of now that the outlooked Mario game, or Breath of the Wild, will be in the reaches of 55-65 FPS at times. But, as it is rumored, Nintendo teamed up with NVIDIA to make this console/gamepad. NVIDIA, who made all of your high end graphics cards. The NVIDIA who was planning on making a tablet like the Switch before it got taken down and possibly had a new inspiration. The tablet, they called the Titan, was possibly the best tablet to date, and was obviously going to have even more updated technology in it. So that means if NVIDIA and Nintendo are teaming up, we won't have to worry about toning down options in our game to run a smooth game. They already have that covered.

All in all, I am very excited for the Switch. So much so that I may have my facts and/or opinions wrong. Feel free to help me by adding anything or fixing my errors in your post. Thanks for reading this long butt essay about a console. TL;DR, I like the Switch.

I am so sorry about that text color mishap, I realized earlier that people NOT in dark mode couldn't read this.

I just want the new zelda game, i'm so excited for it

^^^^ Fucking this.

Also, here's a [sample] list of 3rd parties as listed by Nintendo. Note: I haven't investigated the authenticity of this list at all, so take it with a grain of salt.

[spoiler= Nintendo Switch "Partners"]ai.imgur.com_GwvnVI9.thumb.png.27acaab94f8504ecf389138d6bd7f68b.png

I'm also incredibly optimistic that the Souls series may make an appearance on the Switch given its popularity in Japan, though that's just opinion. The biggest factors that appeal to me is the open-invitation to 3rd party developers and the portability of it. Unfortunately, I have heard that there were FPS drops as low as 30 when playing in tablet mode, but given that it isn't necessarily the production model, there may still be hope for improvement. I'm pretty hyped for the conference this month, hopefully they'll share more than just BotW (I've honestly seen more than enough, any more and there will just be potential spoilers).

Whatever the case may be, I'm really hoping that the Switch will bring Nintendo back up from its [pseudo] flop (subjective) with the Wii-U.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)