Charing

[poll] reduce vsh scout limit to 1

Should the scout limit on VSH be 1?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should the scout limit on VSH be 1?

• Yes
    • No
    • The Idea below:

Yeah, this would fix problems of near infinite stun lock, and encourage players to try new strategies. Sweet deal, no?

New Idea

• Make a sort of queue for scout.
  • Allow 2 scouts at a time
  • Make homing balls charge like any other homing projectile. (Arrows, Rockets)
  • Make it so you can only be scout for 3 rounds, and then you must re-queue (possibly put a minimum time on rounds for hale suicide rounds)

The thought behind this goes:

• Scout maintains some of his utility
  • More people get to play scout, reducing the amount of people wanting to play scout
  • Stun-Locking is nerfed, so it is no longer near infinite

the scouts aren't ruining saxton hale, the stun is; so why limit the amount of scouts allowed? we should focus on changing the stun itself, i.e duration, charge up time or maybe the cost of purchase

the scouts aren't ruining saxton hale, the stun is; so why limit the amount of scouts allowed? we should focus on changing the stun itself, i.e duration, charge up time or maybe the cost of purchase

I agree that it is the stun that is causing the issue. However, for a short term fix, it is much easier to reduce how many scouts are allowed to play.

yes we could do that, or.....

we could....

-remove homing perks like we did on ff

-just go play ff instead and invite friends

If that is your solution, why should we still pay maintenance on Hale?

There shouldn't be a further limit on the amount of scouts. I play hale all freakin day and i see people begging to be scout. If there can only be one that will limit the amount of fun people would have. If homing for the scout is going to be removed however, it should also be removed for the huntman because it is too good. In 2 huntsman shots you can get nearly 1k dmg which makes killing hale alot easier. If you are voting to get rid of the scout homing, then just get rid of all homing in general.

Let me give the rundown on my view.

-There have been countless threads about removing homing perks on hale, but nom has told us that its hard to remove the homing perks without just removing all the perks as a whole.

-FF2 has all the bosses Hale has and more, plus no homing perks

-The only reason hale is very populated compared to FF2 is because hale is a much older server and people don't even know about FF2

My Solution:

Since it is hard to remove homing perks once they have been added, I suggest we advertise FF2 on our hale server and play that if you don't like homing perks

Alright, new idea. Make a limit on how many rounds you can be scout in a row AND

good idea

idk Barm, There are too many regulars on the VSH servers who would just go to a different VSH server. Why shoot ourselves in the foot?

Let me give the rundown on my view.

-There have been countless threads about removing homing perks on hale, but nom has told us that its hard to remove the homing perks without just removing all the perks as a whole.

-FF2 has all the bosses Hale has and more, plus no homing perks

-The only reason hale is very populated compared to FF2 is because hale is a much older server and people don't even know about FF2

My Solution:

Since it is hard to remove homing perks once they have been added, I suggest we advertise FF2 on our hale server and play that if you don't like homing perks

idk Barm, there are a lot of regulars on the VSH, and very few on ff2. Those people would be unlikely to change to a different server just like that. VSH has too much traffic to abandon it. Fixing it seems to be the best course of action imo. Maybe an entirely different perk system makes sense, but I have no idea of that ideas feasibility

I don't know if it is possible, but maybe do it proportional to online players? Like, if the server is full, allow 3, half, allow 2, few people on, allow one. By my experiences on VSH, scouts don't do that much damage most of the time, kinda wasting one player, and if they survive till the end, and get the last player crits. They kind of delay the round in my opinion, but, well, let the democracy decide!