jaygoki

How do you guys handle stress?

Getting appendicitis and missing ~3 weeks of school (and thus school work) has me really stressed about trying to get caught up with everything. How do you guys handle stress?

Does your school offer homebound? When I missed school for a month with my surgery, they sent a teacher to my house to teach me the stuff I missed and help me with my work so I was caught up with school when I came back(too bad the doctors had me loaded with percocets) Either way I doubt your teachers will drop all the work on you at once, they'll be understanding and give you extra time.

I either play videogames, football with friends, or just chill out and watch tv when im stressed. I dont get stressed often though, more of a laid back person.

Honestly, yoga does wonders. Recently did it in a class of mine (some spiritual release or some shit), and by the end of the class I felt incredibly relaxed, limber, and stress-free.

You could also just meditate and develop some sort of chant of "inner peace". Sit in a quiet room and just let your mind wander; you can even have some music playing during this time, but instrumental works best as you want to be free in thought.

In times of stress, I tend to head toward the more musical aspect by playing on the piano (or whatever instrument I feel like playing at my disposal). Everyone has their own ways of coping with stress, but these are just a few things that really help me out. Mind you, not everyone is the same. Going out with friends could even assist in getting rid of stress, or hitting the gym.

I don't really get to handle stress.

My life is depressing due to diffrent factors being at the perfect position to cause a miserable life.

If i was to recommend something, it would be doing a nice thing to someone, i gave some kid my unusual and felt great after it.

I used to go for my best mate/first mate but....for the past few years he's been stuck at home due to medical problems.

Sometimes i like to go to the other end of the spectrum and think up schemes to piss people off, but they can't blame me or tell anyone about it because...reasons.

Also, wear a kilt. Reduces stress

My steps to fighting stress. Order is by accessibility.

1) Gaming/Chatting online

2) Music

3) Anime

4) Playing/Walking with the dog (if you have an animal)

5) Making a bonfire outside (If that's available to you. and no pun intended)