Sign in to follow this  
WyleCavu

Community Culture and Acceptance of Minorities

In my opinion "nigga" is not really that racist. But if people actually say the full racist N word I always take action. I do not appreciate people saying at ALL.

That is a step in the right direction, but there is not a difference between the two words. The problem is people say things like "I don't think it is offensive" or "I don't think it is racist" when they are not even the target group for that oppressive group. It is harder for the majority group to see oppression of minority groups because it seems normal or the majority group doesn't understand it.

If you watch south park, there was an episode where Token was angry at Stan or Kyle. At the end of the episode, Kyle or Stan finally understood how to understand African American problems; understanding that you don't understand.

bless my nigga, yes my nigga, when you think about it could be worse my nigga

African Americans use the N word as a put down word of other African Americans. The word was so powerfully used by white people against African Americans that the word because synonymous with the putting down of other African Americans.

This is also evident in how a lot of Aferican American children wish to be a lighter skin tone; i.e. lighter=better, darker=n-word. UPDATED: AC360 Series: Doll study research Children do not want to be the skin color they are. That is HUGE!

By continually using the word, you are reinforcing it as a word of oppression. By using it in combination of a jail break game, you are reinforcing the societal problem of a disproportional amount of African Americans in the jail system. Without proper analysis, these problems get associated with skin color or culture. In actuality, it has way more to do with culture of poverty.

Edit. Added the proper link here UPDATED: AC360 Series: Doll study research

That is a step in the right direction, but there is not a difference between the two words. The problem is people say things like "I don't think it is offensive" or "I don't think it is racist" when they are not even the target group for that oppressive group. It is harder for the majority group to see oppression of minority groups because it seems normal or the majority group doesn't understand it.

If you watch south park, there was an episode where Token was angry at Stan or Kyle. At the end of the episode, Kyle or Stan finally understood how to understand African American problems; understanding that you don't understand.

Would you like to listen to the arguments of the others? Or are you scared that you're wrong.

People like you keep racism alive and did you ever think that maybe you don't understand. There is a difference between nigga and nigger, people don't just go around and say "wassup my nigger?" You're just ignorant and I really hope you're trolling.

Would you like to listen to the arguments of the others? Or are you scared that you're wrong.

Honestly, I am not interested in a white/male defending racist opinions. However, if you have experience with psychology, sociology, or have been the target of words of oppression, yeah i am interested.

People like you keep racism

I don't keep racism alive. I merely recognize that it still exists instead of pretending like it doesn't. I try to read good amounts of minority literature so that i can understand the unique problems faced by women, African Americans, disabled people, etc.

I also use my background in psychology to understand that our cognition is easily influenced. Telling racist jokes in the back room at work can alter an interviewers preferences. Even something like a cold cup of water can influence an interviewers opinion, statistically. The Hot and Cold of Priming

Honestly, I am not interested in a white/male defending racist opinions. However, if you have experience with psychology, sociology, or have been the target of words of oppression, yeah i am interested.

You're a white male pushing the opposite opinion of us so why do you have anymore credibility?

I don't keep racism alive. I merely recognize that it still exists instead of pretending like it doesn't. I try to read good amounts of minority literature so that i can understand the unique problems faced by women, African Americans, disabled people, etc.

I also use my background in psychology to understand that our cognition is easily influenced. Telling racist jokes in the back room at work can alter an interviewers preferences. Even something like a cold cup of water can influence an interviewers opinion, statistically. http://www.sciencenews.org/view/feat...old_of_Priming

I don't care about your psychology experience or the amount of books you read. Positive racism is just as bad as calling someone a nigger. This is also a jailbreak server for a videogame, this isn't how people act in real life.

You're a white male pushing the opposite opinion of us so why do you have anymore credibility?

Because i have listened to educated African Americans and women speak about why they don't like to play video games. The creator of Fat, Ugly or Slutty has outlined pretty well that online video games have not been very accepting of women.

I also use my background in psychology to understand that our cognition is easily influenced. Telling racist jokes in the back room at work can alter an interviewers preferences. Even something like a cold cup of water can influence an interviewers opinion, statistically. The Hot and Cold of Priming

Guess what? Racism is ALWAYS going to be around, it's something you can't stop. There will always be hate, there will always be war, but saying nigga isn't racist or causing a war.

I would actually like to stop the discussion until i get an admins opinion in addition to McNeo's.

I get the feeling that this actually isn't a welcoming and open community that the forum rules lead me to believe.

I would actually like to stop the discussion until i get an admins opinion in addition to McNeo's.

I get the feeling that this actually isn't a welcoming and open community that the forum rules lead me to believe.

Billy Mays is a division leader, and I am also an admin.

Fat, Ugly or Slutty[/url] has outlined pretty well that online video games have not been very accepting of women.

Because social etiquette online for videogames has always been oriented for males, and most guys online don't know how to socialize with girls and they often draw attention to themselves on purpose. When girls who play videogames act like every other person it cuts down the "sexism." And don't even say black kids refrain from gaming because that's bullshit, they're all over it, maybe not PC games.

First, what is the definition of racism? Racism is the term or diction of being discriminative towards a specific ethnic group of any kind, also due to your so-called "Psychology" experiences; it seems highly relevant that they are come across lessons concerning the human's thought process and many others factions related to affecting the human mind such as cultural properties, past experiences, etc. It is always generalized that the human mind is however limited, judgment is always second nature. Of course, this is purely obvious- and yes, racism is a problematic occurrence as you stated, but- it does not mean there is a possible miracle solution to easing human relations.