Get_bliz - Team Fortress 2

Division:

Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

GeT_bLiZ

Offender's Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:62972139

Rules Broken:

Not exactly any rules, but this guy is a huge scammer and he plays on xG servers occasionally. He is a taint on the servers and I would like to see him banned.

Evidence:

I could rant for HOURS about how huge of a scammer and douche this guy is, but I'll keep it brief.

About a month ago, this guy paypal chargeback scammed some guy for $4,666.
He also was reported on

He also posted a
that got brigaded shortly after the reddit post. His steamrep page now shows that he is

He has come on the xG servers before. (Once under the name BlizzardStorm this time under the name GeT_bLiZ)

I don't have any evidence of this, but when I confronted him about it on the Jailbreak server, he denied everything and called me stupid for "believing one stupid reddit post" despite there being heaps of evidence against him other than that post.

As if he couldn't get any douchier, his stolen Golden Pan is named "Your Backpack".

"If I were in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and BlizzardStorm and had a gun with only two bullets, I would shoot BlizzardStorm twice."

^ The Office reference.

@Ohstopyou @kbraszzz @Rejects @metalslug53 @Moosty

Edit 1: Just read most of the reddit post and the steam rep pages. He is an obvious scammers and tbh, scammers should not be allowed to play on our servers imo. But since there was no real broken rule and he did not scam on any of our servers from what i understand, i do not know where to place but if anything it would have to be a -1

Edit 2: +1 for reasons matsi stated.

@Ohstopyou @kbraszzz @Rejects @metalslug53 @Moosty

Edit 1: Just read most of the reddit post and the steam rep pages. He is an obvious scammers and tbh, scammers should not be allowed to play on our servers imo. But since there was no real broken rule and he did not scam on any of our servers from what i understand, i do not know where to place but if anything it would have to be a -1

I disagree, I think he should be banned to prevent anyone that plays on xG from getting scammed, there's no reason to allow him into our servers or community. +1

I do not think that the location of the scam should matter since technically they don't really ever happen on the servers anyways, but via steam/steamfriends.

Taking up what Matsi said and running with it. Guy's obviously a well-known and highly successful scammer. I don't want any of his ire contaminating our servers.

I nearly lose it when I see people trying to take advantage of our patrons for even the smallest amounts. Just the thought of this guy being on our servers makes me VERY uncomfortable.

I want to see what the other opinions on the matter are.

Hmmm this is a grey area we have never defined in our servers. D:

Maybe for our trade servers we can use a SteamRep detector.

Then a lot of regulars wouldn't be allowed on the servers despite how both on both trade servers, no one really trades too often. Take @Kart for example. He ran away from a spycrab years and years ago - I doubt he would do that now.

-1 If he does actually cause any trouble, then ban him permanently.

Hmmm this is a grey area we have never defined in our servers. D:

Maybe for our trade servers we can use a SteamRep detector.

I feel like there should be a line, where known scammers are not allowed onto the servers, It'll be nearly impossible to prevent someone being scammed on the trade servers otherwise. I'd assume that 95% of the scams aren't noticeable to the public(the server) and I wonder how many people would actually report it to the forums and have sufficient proof to get something done. And they would still be out the scammed items they lost regardless...

I feel like there should be a line, where known scammers are not allowed onto the servers, It'll be nearly impossible to prevent someone being scammed on the trade servers otherwise. I'd buttume that 95% of the scams aren't noticeable to the public(the server) and I wonder how many people would actually report it to the forums and have sufficient proof to get something done. And they would still be out the scammed items they lost regardless...

How about we use the SteamRep API, and if a user is a scammer their name on the trade server gets updated with the prefix [sCAMMER] ?

How about we use the SteamRep API, and if a user is a scammer their name on the trade server gets updated with the prefix [sCAMMER] ?

That'd be a long ass chat name.

[sCAMMER] [Title] [Name]: [Chat]

that could work, maybe there is a way to give someone some sort of trusted tag if they are really good rep?

that could work, maybe there is a way to give someone some sort of trusted tag if they are really good rep?

Oh come on. Who even trades on xG servers? It's more of a club where you can trade. Giving someone a tag before their name is stupid when all you have to do is trade them to see if they're a scammer or you can check their steamrep and backpack.tf status.

Oof. This is a fine line we are walking. Steamrep states that anyone who supports scammers by trading with them will be marked as "caution" or "warning".

ai.gyazo.com_1ceacf4a064d306fa62debc94fe5e5e8.png.9fc32e15074b1fe77538a5ad618bb3ff.png

As it hasn't even been a year yet, I don't think we should be allowing him to run free on our servers.

I'm up for making a rule that states that your SteamRep ban must be OVER a year old before you can even step foot in an xG trade server, and then add a little disclaimer at the bottom that says it is the responsibility of the people on the server to check the rep of the people they are trading with! Paypal scams are a serious offense as they can constitute grand larceny charges if they go over a certain amount! That's a federal offense!

@Rhododendron Steamrep plugin: SteamRep

Oof. This is a fine line we are walking. Steamrep states that anyone who supports scammers by trading with them will be marked as "caution" or "warning".

[ATTACH=full]21769[/ATTACH]

As it hasn't even been a year yet, I don't think we should be allowing him to run free on our servers.

I'm up for making a rule that states that your SteamRep ban must be OVER a year old before you can even step foot in an xG trade server, and then add a little disclaimer at the bottom that says it is the responsibility of the people on the server to check the rep of the people they are trading with! Paypal scams are a serious offense as they can constitute grand larceny charges if they go over a certain amount! That's a federal offense!

@Rhododendron Steamrep plugin: SteamRep

That's so stupid, no offence. Barely anyone even trades on xG servers. This will also make it so the servers are less population just because we can't have a scammer on a server that is more of a clubbing server.

Just gonna put this out there: SteamRep doesn't fuck around. If they even get a whiff of a server allowing known high-level scammers float about in their servers, they can and will mark said server.

I'm pretty sure we DON'T want that, as it'd be counter-productive to what we are trying to do, regardless if people actually trade on our servers or not. =/

That's so stupid, no offence. Barely anyone even trades on xG servers. This will also make it so the servers are less population just because we can't have a scammer on a server that is more of a clubbing server.

It's stupid that it's illegal? I trade on xG servers, and I'd rather not have people like that running around and attempting to scam the younger kids we have on the servers. I've already been called on multiple times by people who were scammed! The people had to file SteamRep reports. Not to mention, it's not like we don't have randoms that come on and actually trade. Just because you don't do something, doesn't mean other people don't do it.

Also, donation powers are a side thing that we allow on the server. Lets not forget what the server was created for in the first place, so the rules should pertain to that. :|