Sign in to follow this  
Takibo

computer question

i usually have a constant 400-500 fps with no problems, but sometimes my pc just decides to poop and my fps constantly drops to 80 , so when it drops from 500 to 80 it gives a really laggy feel.

then after i restart it sometimes goes back to normal, anybody know hwy?

I used to get 300, then it went to like 60 - 100 but that's about normal for any server. Nothing really you can do to fix other than maybe fixing your resolution. Or get a better video card.

What king j said.. Just cap your frames at 79, then you won't feel anything. 80 is way more than enough. Just imagine dividing a second into 80 segments and then into 400. No human can tell the difference. To be honest even above 45 is good enough..

If your FPS drops suddenly and you begin to feel laggy, this may be due to overheating. That was and still is occasionally my problem :P

If you notice your computer getting noticeably hot when this happens just take the side off or whatever and clean the dust out. Worked for me :P

Hope this helps

verify game cache, defrag ur css files, and defrag ur computer, then turn off, leave it off for like 5-10 minutes, and turn it on and try again

thats what i do, then i leave the pc on for the night, in the morning its fucked again. idk maybe its overheating

ur RAM prob needs a good restart, it helps to turn it off overnight so that when u turn ur comp back on, u get a fresh start again instead of leaving it overnight all the time