Amymaniac

Spectator Teamkilling Exploit On Deathrun.

Hi guys.

Just had to ban 2 people for doing an exploit I have never seen before but everyone should be aware of it.

Basically a player was in spectate and during the round was able to move to red as a spy and backstab everyone killing them.

I am going to see if I can find anything about how this exploit was done but if anyone has any information about it please share because its a pretty bad exploit.

Hi guys.

Just had to ban 2 people for doing an exploit I have never seen before but everyone should be aware of it.

Basically a player was in spectate and during the round was able to move to red as a spy and backstab everyone killing them.

I am going to see if I can find anything about how this exploit was done but if anyone has any information about it please share because its a pretty bad exploit.

How can red players backstab red players?

Not to derail the thread but which of the bans was this, gtveon, nopethepope, or both? If it was gtveon there is more i'd like to address about him and possibly request his ban be extended

Because they're still being registered as a third team. Remember back in the day, where you could shoot a rocket, switch to spec and kill teammates? It's like that but worse.

No idea what can cause it though, except a huge exploit in the plugin trying to force teams.

I have no idea, it was the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

Not to derail the thread but which of the bans was this, gtveon, nopethepope, or both? If it was gtveon there is more i'd like to address about him and possibly request his ban be extended

both were friends and doing it together and I agree both should have extended bans but if they come back tonight after their ban expires other staff can see the exploit for themselves before handing out a longer ban. I was going to record it but the severity of it meant I had no time to.

both were friends and doing it together and I agree both should have extended bans but if they come back tonight after their ban expires other staff can see the exploit for themselves before handing out a longer ban. I was going to record it but the severity of it meant I had no time to.

gtveon was doing things a bit differently about a week ago, leaving and rejoining the server to mess with the death selection cycle until it no longer selected anyone for blue, leading to the round to start with no one as death and just restart, repeating as such. Not long after a map change he managed to get himself put on the blue team while someone was already running. I was told he had a friend with him but didn't see anyone else by the time I got there. His chat log Player Chat History | Xeno Gamers also made it seem all the more likely he was doing it very much on purpose (not that I doubt he was).

@Bello @Vexx Could we potentially get an extension on his ban at least (or possibly a perm), or should a separate thread be made for such a move?

This is still a very much existing problem. Seems it was the same guy doing it again recently, but I seem to have figured out how he does it. I won't go into detail about it here, but it's definitely an exploit that revolves around the plugin specifically. Problem being, the plugin hasn't been updated in a very long time. So unless anyone here knows how to add a bit of code to the plugin to fix it, it'll remain an issue that anyone who learns of it could potentially abuse.

This is still a very much existing problem. Seems it was the same guy doing it again recently, but I seem to have figured out how he does it. I won't go into detail about it here, but it's definitely an exploit that revolves around the plugin specifically. Problem being, the plugin hasn't been updated in a very long time. So unless anyone here knows how to add a bit of code to the plugin to fix it, it'll remain an issue that anyone who learns of it could potentially abuse.

Can you PM me the details? I'll take a look into it this weekend.