Aegeann

Rule Clarifications For Jailbreak

Hello, I wanted to have some discussion over the current rules for Jailbreak, and ask that we make a few things clear or at least in the open as there was debate between myself and the other Community leaders on how I used to have the rules to how they have them now. Silence agreed with me on the Tarping section, but I'd rather first get the community's opinion on how people prefer things to be.

1. Tarping:

The current rule is

Tarping - Giving orders that contradict or conflict with each other. Tarping is ONLY allowed after 3 minutes and 3 orders have gone by.

• Example: "Jumping is restricted, crouching is restricted, standing is restricted, wasd freeze. Now all of you go to big cage or be killed".

Now, the reason tarping not being allowed in the first 3 minutes was implemented in the first place was because 4-5 years ago in CSS jailbreak, Warden would say "when cell doors open and I say Joe*, come out and afk freeze" but they would say Go and then kill everyone who came out for not "paying attention". The current rules would imply that CT's are completely allowed to do this because technically this is not a contradiction or conflict with any of the warden's rules because he said Joe is the safe word, but he used the word Go to "tarp" the T's into an early death.

Similar situation in the Carceris(?) map when the Warden says "T's are not allowed to jump on boxes or ladder in pit" and then they tell the T's "please come out of the pit and freeze" pretty much killing every T who doesn't know there's one location in the pit you can jump up the wall. This is another example of "Tarp" that is completely fair game currently due to the rules in place.

My problem lies with the fact that the rule against Tarping should prevent these situations, because the term Tarping originally came from the Warden's vocal "trap/trick" that would consistently kill off a majority of T's early in the round every map.

The change I would like to see is:

Tarping - Giving orders that contradict, conflict with each other, or trick the T's by wordplay or restrictions. Tarping is ONLY allowed after 3 minutes and minimum 3 orders have gone by. Only the Warden may tarp T's (I feel this is another good part to this rule due to not wanting to rebel against any CT giving CT's easy leverage for T's to listen, but we can debate that as well)

• Example: "All T's are not allowed to be on the boxes and ladders while you're in pit, feel free to run around" "Okay all T's please come out of pit and freeze"
  • Example: "All T's when I say Go please come out of your cells and freeze" "Joe!"

2. LR's

The two things I want to change, are

1. Do not Rebel during your Last Request without using the option in the menu *and you may not Rebel at all after using LR once until the next round*

The reason for this is apparently a lot of people still have the impressions that this is still a rule as it used to be in the past, but there's no clarification so I'd say to keep everyone happy to just add it into the MOTD.

2.You may not have a 'Custom Last Request', you must use the menu *unless the CT agrees to the conditions and it doesn't break any rules*

Example: Map Games (Death Run, Climb, Soccer, Etc)*

This is pretty self explanatory, some games in the maps are just never able to be utilized, so this gives the T's who have LR their choice (if the CT allows it) to play some of the map games as a reward for their survival.

That's pretty much it, I feel like these changes will improve the server but I'm happy with discussion if there's good points against it.

Thanks,

~Aegean

Edited by Aegeann (see edit history)

I'll try and clarify the tarping and give more examples just so there's no misunderstandings on that - the definition right now was copy-pasted from the old rules, and definitely could be better.

That being said, the situation you've mentioned on carceris I don't see why it should be considered tarping - it's not a secret that you can jump up there, nor does it require special map knowledge or anything. It's very clearly a ledge you can jump up on. Of course, anyone's welcome to give their input on that, or if anyone has any other similar circumstance that could be confusing, post it here for discussion.

Rebeling after you LR once isn't permitted and that will be added.

Custom LR's has been discussed before, but any thoughts here are welcome.

Seems pretty solid to me, but could someone remind me why the following [bolded/underlined] is even a thing:

Tarping is ONLY allowed after 3 minutes and 3 orders have gone by

I'm just wondering because I can almost guarantee that no one is keeping track of the number of orders being given. That being said, is it really necessary for it to even be there? I feel that the 3 minutes is plenty enough before tarping should be allowed.

I agree with the tarping thing, it should prolly get enforced a little better.

The LR rule has always said you cannot rebel after picking a different LR.... wut?

And I agree that the 3 orders thing should be removed, if three orders haven't gone by in 3 minutes, there needs to be a new warden or a freeday...

There's apparently also a rule that says you can't tarp during FR/LR at all.... this should be enforced so people will stop doing it with things restricted.... :)

Edited by Matsi (see edit history)

That being said, the situation you've mentioned on carceris I don't see why it should be considered tarping - it's not a secret that you can jump up there, nor does it require special map knowledge or anything. It's very clearly a ledge you can jump up on.

The issue was myself along with 3 other old xG members, 2 current xG members and a bunch of people who frequent + are new ALL got killed when the warden gave the order. The only reason the round wasn't over was because 1 T was rebelling the whole time. The only reason it wasn't a bigger deal in the server was 1. A mod (Odin) was there to tell everyone it was totally legal, and 2. Klure was getting live feedback from Bleed and Lithium saying it's allowed (Which is why I came into xG Teamspeak to talk to Silence and you guys, which later prompted this thread in the first place).

If you implement the tarping rules like I worded it, the carceris issue would never happen. The whole point of the rules is to not only keep frequent members happy, but to not leave any new member to stray away from jailbreak from bad experiences. This used to be in the way of Warden's mass killing T's with Open cell tarps, and now Carceris (of course to a lesser extent) is now an issue in my opinion. As I said, it's not "obvious" as you put it, you're looking at it from the perspective of someone who has played that server a ton and has faced those orders multiple times. You need to assume not everyone will know that the two ladders and boxes in pit aren't the only way to get out. If people get fooled by the orders and a whole server can get wiped, it's most likely a tarp.