Vexx

Poll To Add A Unicode (lenny) Filter To All Servers

Add a unicode filter to all xG TF2 servers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Add a unicode filter to all xG TF2 servers?

• No
    • Yes

I'm saying you can't honestly believe I was being *Actually* serious

I can't tell when you are and are not anymore. Sorry lol I honestly couldn't care less either way on this poll. i didn't even know this one was up, i just thought the random crits one was. i wouldn't be mad or sad whichever the result.

Are we to the point that we are getting either frustrated/triggered/whatever the fuck at a god damn meme?

I feel that Goblins summarized all of my feelings up extremely well, so this is what I'll say. Let's forget the fact that I myself have a lenny bind and say I'm nothing special, just browsing around on the servers and see this really neat one called [xG] Trade Gaming History. I'm like "hey, this looks chill" and I join. A few seconds after I join, I start to play and I get killed by a Sniper with an Australium Sniper Rifle, who says in chat after he kills me, "Lol get good scrub ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" Am I going to rant off about him and his edgy meme ways? No. Am I going to leave because it is socially upsetting to be "Lennied" after being killed? No. I'm going to respawn, and show him who's boss. This happens five times, and then he begins to spam the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) in chat, at least four times. He is then muted by an admin for spamming. Was that hard for me to go through? I don't think so. If anything, it should have paid off when he got muted for spamming instead of me crying about it or whatever you people do about lennies now a days. If you really feel that it is necessary to make a damn filter over an easy to look over meme, go ahead. But another good idea is to step back, and really say "You know, why is this being made such a big deal?"

Also, though a meme, Shadower also ended up satirizing the situation pretty well. Come on guys/girls, look at this from a spectator view. Disabling lennies might be a good thing, but it's just a meme. Grow a pair, buckaroo.

but thats just me lol

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

do you think we could make a code for slurs and language in the servers as well?

This was attempted and ended up not working so well. The rank website still ended up showing the slurs that were used, even if they were censored.

This was attempted and ended up not working so well. The rank website still ended up showing the slurs that were used, even if they were censored.

dang but do you think if we found a better or a way that worked we could implement it

dang but do you think if we found a better or a way that worked we could implement it

I really doubt it, plus what's the point in having so much staff if you're just going to have plugins doing all the work for them. It's a neat idea to put in a censor for certain words, but most of them don't really work or are just too much of a hassle, filtering the wrong words and such.

I think all memes should go through an extensive vetting process to ensure all of xG's memes are of the highest quality.

-1 seriously people, stop getting so offended by shit memes

I really doubt it, plus what's the point in having so much staff if you're just going to have plugins doing all the work for them. It's a neat idea to put in a censor for certain words, but most of them don't really work or are just too much of a hassle, filtering the wrong words and such.

ah yeah thats a good point and thats true especially if there was a problem with it before hand

+1 But maybe whitelist certain unicodes that are frequently used that aren't lennies rather than going through the trouble of blacklist banning all of the lenny codes?

that sounds like a good idea some higher ups could think of doing and so that if some people have a valid reason for putting it on the whitelist its for a purpose

For every possible variation? Or is it just blocking characters?

I don't understand the hate anyways seems pretty pointless to block it when it's not hurting anyone at all or causing disruption.

It's blocking the common ones and maybe add them as you go along.

I'm against the filter anyway so I agree.